Accountant/Tax Advice

Fi

We are in the early stages of buying a property in Vosges (88) and we need to find an accountant/tax advisor before much more time elapses.  Is there a website (like notaires.fr), or even better, can anybody make a recommendation?  We both speak reasonable French, even though my financial vocabulary is limited, so English-speaking is not essential.   

We have a slightly complicated situation in that the French house will be our main residence, but, my husband's income will be taxed in the Netherlands, at least in the short-medium term.  We will (hopefully) have some income from holiday rentals which will be declared in France.    So we have an huge number of questions about setting up a business, social security, taxes etc etc. [8-)]

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

There are plenty of people who probably could help; I suggest you get in touch with these people:  http://www.frenchtaxcafe.co.uk/index.cfm?id=4504&fuseaction=browse&pageid=24 who are linked to a large French accountancy practice with considerable experience in cross-border tax and social security questions.

Unfortunately not all forum 'recommendations' can be substantiated. For instance, an English-speaking 'financial expert' is often recommended on a certain other forum (where he advertises). He happens to have a conviction, in France, for serious fraud. He might be good at the more creative aspects of accounting, but...
(and before anybody else points this out yes, one of the senior staff in the pratice I referred to above is named Hervé Fraud [:)] )

Many thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately the frenchtaxcafe.co.uk website is 'under devevlopment (sic)' and they say contact their listed numbers, but I couldn't find any listed!  I know this is a bit of a cheek, but if you have any 'old-fashioned' contact details I'd appreciate them.

Thanks again.