How low will it go

Russethouse

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Hmmm. See here.
[/quote]

Hmmm. There's something not quite right about that story.  They're saying the forum was shut down today, and if you go to the site in question http://www.ukfilmforum.co.uk/ there's a message saying that the forum will re-launch in March.  But if you compare today's site with the cached version of 26th August, they're almost exactly the same, with the same message about re-launch in March.  So the forum wasn't shut down today, it's been dormant for over a week. 

Still thread pulled on dormant forum doesn't have quite the same punch, does it?

[quote user="Cat"]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Hmmm. See here.

[/quote]

Hmmm. There's something not quite right about that story.  They're saying the forum was shut down today, and if you go to the site in question http://www.ukfilmforum.co.uk/ there's a message saying that the forum will re-launch in March.  But if you compare today's site with the cached version of 26th August, they're almost exactly the same, with the same message about re-launch in March.  So the forum wasn't shut down today, it's been dormant for over a week. 

Still thread pulled on dormant forum doesn't have quite the same punch, does it?

[/quote]

It's a joke...

What?? You mean newsbiscuit is a satirical news site??? [:-))] 

You'll be telling me next that the onion's not strictly kosher either?  How could I have been a geek for all these years and got it so horribly wrong?

Boom boom (ye gads)!

[quote user="ErnieY"]One could undoubtedly conclude that it had improved by €0.0056 [blink]

Sorry sweets, two rather large jugs of Sangria talking not me [6]

[:D]

[/quote]

I did see someone outside the bar in Prayssac this afternoon with a jug of Sangria and thought it strange,  I quickly say the Sangria that is not the person.

Was it you Ernie [:D]

[quote user="Patf"]I saw on a news programme today that the euro has taken a big drop ? against the yen? for the first time for ages. Is this likely to have any effect on the sterling exchange rate?[/quote]Unanswerable question. 

By the time you've heard it on the news programme, any effect has already taken place.