central heating oil

Barbel Bob

You have to phone them - look in the phone book under "combustibles", I think.  Or go to the fuel bit of your Leclerc and ask at the kiosk for the number for Fioul pricing/deliveries.  Once on the phone, they will want to know how many litres approx you will require, and whther you want normal or premium quality.  I have always so far found them cheaper than other local suppliers but it is still worth phoning around for a quote.  The other thing you could consider is asking your neighbours if/when they are thinking of filling up as a "joint" delivery between several houses will often get you a discount.

Good luck

Chriisie (81)

PS We paid 0.933/litre about a month ago.

Thanks Chrissie,

Going to have to be careful this year, spent 800e last year and it didnt last long!!!!  A friend recommended a parrafin heater which we are trying out for the first time tonight, only had it on 10mins and the room was to hot so this may help! Paid 170e for heater and 20e for the fuel, if it proves good then plan to buy a 2nd.

Jue

we also use a parafin heater in our kitchen - but you should be aware that it does put quite a bit of humidity into the atmosphere.  if like us your kitchen is a bit draughty it won't be a problem, however the drawback of calor gas heaters and parafin heaters is that they may cause some condensation problems.

Ordered my fuel yesterday at 0.92€ a litre, same price as 6 months ago. But it will not be switched on until there is ice on the windows!!  Wood burner to be used prior to central heating for the 1st time (1st winter here). lets all hope this winter is a mild one.

tuppence 

We have always used Leclerc for heating oil. It gets cheaper for a bigger quantity. I just telephone the local branch and ask for the Fioul desk.

Like everyone else, we are now looking at other ways of heating so that the oil C/H will be as a last resort !

I've just been working at a "Salon d'Habitat" in Angers, and the alternatives to oil and gas are quite amazing. Greener and cheaper. Unfortunately none of this was freely available when we came here.....