Money transfer from France to UK

Mark

Hi - just fixed a price with Moneycorps for moving money from my CA account to my Nationwide one.  I'll presumably need to fax CA a letter to confirm my intention, and also phone them.  Should I just say 'Je voudrais faire un virement de ma compte a une banque anglaise', or something like that, and then give the account numbers and Moneycorps ref no, or will they need something more?  If anyone could post a form of words they've used in the past I'd be grateful.

Thanks. 

You do not indicate whether it is large sum of money. If it is, then your bank may well need a reason for this transfer as it used to be a requirement of the Bank of France, I believe to cover money laundering rules. The type of reasons that they will accept " for my pension fund" etc.  I would suggest that you contact your Bank first to find out what details they require for the transfer and then all should proceed smoothly without too much delay.

Baz

how did you get on transfering  money from CA to uk bank, i want to transfer 4k euros  to my ltsb account probably using currencies direct or does CA have there own transfer money departmment, im with CA charente maritime deux sevres, but i think my account is held in niort