Another 3% Tax by Nick the Socalist Sarco

ams

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

As regards an even handed approach, perhaps the moderator might care to review your deleted remarks...

[/quote]

I already have...

...and express an opinion

[/quote]

Here it comes...

I simply can't see anything in SD's first post that could be interpreted by anyone as "clearly an act of complete arrogance ".

Our mutuelle renewal arrived this morning.

Down by 4 cents a month.....

Thanks, Groupama  [:D]

[/quote]

On the other hand, I did see the original comments that have since been deleted.  No interpretation was needed to see their intention. 

Can we end the bickering now, pretty please.

It is a pity that you can not see what is clear to me. On the other hand you have expressed an opinion that could easily be seen as insulting and breaking the rules of the forum. "interpreted by ANYONE" would imply that I am nobody and that my opinion does not count. The use of the word anyone was unnecessary and provocative.

I am sure that you meant no offense, however I am pointing out that sometimes one should be carefull in making generalised statements.

No need for further comments, and as long as SD does not respond to my posts I will not respond to his or perhaps hers.

ams

I think you have missed the point, let me try and explain to you. Anyone does of course include me and since I do not agree  and that fact is self evident then the use of the term is incorrect and therefore can be interpreted as I have done so. As indicated I am not bothered one way or another, just making a point. Being pedantic, does the 3% incease relate to you in the U.A.E.

What's with the war planes do you work with them. !!

ams

[quote user="ams"]

Since you do not pay CMU de Base,  it is hard of not impossible to verify your statement other than a direct person to person comparison. Regarding the warplanes, did they ever see combat.

ams

[/quote]

"it is hard of not impossible to verify your statement ", presumably you mean my statement that I have worldwide PHI, it doesn't need verifying, its a fact of life as an expat engineer in this part of the World.

Yes, the Avro Vulcan did see combat in 1982 when the runway at Port Stanley was bombed by an aircraft from 44(Rhodesia) squadron detached from RAF Waddington to Ascension Island.