tax d'habitation

kimg

Hi

I bought my house in december 2007.

I have since received and paid one tax, but no sign of the above.  Do i leave it on the basis it will catch up sooner or later, or should i chase it up, and if so to whom?

im in dept 62

ty

kim

Hi!

Since the taxes ( Habitation and Foncière - if you live there) are due by the owner per 1.1.2008, you should have received both bills.

If you have receive the Taxe Foncière bill, but not Taxe d'habitation bill, it can be that you are not liable to it. It is menas tested.

See details here:

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F42.xhtml

If however you should normally pay, it could be that they have sent the bills to the address on the deed, and the have not reached you.

You can contact the local " Trésorie", who copes with the payment side, and here if there are sums open. You have you Cadastre Number ready!

Yours,

giantpanda

You didn't buy until Dec 07, so that year's Tax D'Hab bill will have been paid by the seller who is responsible for that calendar year.

In about Oct/Nov of each year both bills are sent out so about a month ago you should have received Taxe Fonciere for all of 2008, and Tax D'Hab also. The payment dates for both are normally early-mid December so I would check with your local Tresorerie - or go to your Mairie - and see where the missing one is as late payment incurs penalties. Might the bill have been sent to your UK address and be sitting there?