Declaration simplifiee No 2042 SK

Hester

I have today received the above form to complete for my revenue 2008.  I wonder if anyone else has received this version, which is the same as last year's except for the third page.  There is space for pensions, interest etc. but there doesn't appear to be the box CH where I was hoping to enter the profits from a UK life assurance policy that I have surrendered.

From looking at other postings I am trying to check whether or not I have been sent the correct form this year and would be grateful if anyone else who has noticed changes on their form could let me know.  Thanks Hester.

Thanks for your reply Ron; if others are receiving the usual 2042K then I think that I might have been sent a different version in error.  I will look into downloading the 2042 K.  Regards Hester. 

No Hester,  I got the SK version as well instead of the "usual" one.  I had to print off the 2009 version of the 2047 too, where previously they automatically included it.  It looks like the fisc's attempt to simplify matters is generating a lot of extra paper!!  John

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

The 2047 is always sent out seperately. If you submit on line it you don't need to download any forms[8-|]

[/quote]

Can you submit on-line even if you have a government pension taxed in the UK?  Also, when you submit on-line how do you declare UK bank accounts?

Thanks in anticipation - I'd much prefer to go on-line but have not had the gumption yet.

[quote user="tinabee"][quote user="Ron Avery"]

The 2047 is always sent out seperately. If you submit on line it you don't need to download any forms[8-|]

[/quote]

Can you submit on-line even if you have a government pension taxed in the UK

Declaring on line uses exactly the same forms and boxes as a paper entry. Look in the FAQs for how to declare all types of income.

Also, when you submit on-line how do you declare UK bank accounts?

To declare what? You only have to declare interest earned.

Thanks in anticipation - I'd much prefer to go on-line but have not had the gumption yet.

[/quote]

The on-line declaration helps you choose the forms which are appropriate to your circumstances.  You are presented with a page of tick boxes covering all the types of income and expenses and after you've marked the ones which apply to you, it takes you to a screen with tags along the top showing the selected forms, eg, 2042, 2047 and 3916 bank account declaration.  Click on each tag and complete the form.

You can start your declaration, complete part of it, then if you want to quit, it saves your work up to that point.  You can go back and change things and the declaration is only complete and transmitted when you click the final 'send' button.

As Ron says, it's the same as doing the paper declaration, only on the screen.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

The on-line declaration helps you choose the forms which are appropriate to your circumstances.  You are presented with a page of tick boxes covering all the types of income and expenses and after you've marked the ones which apply to you, it takes you to a screen with tags along the top showing the selected forms, eg, 2042, 2047 and 3916 bank account declaration.  Click on each tag and complete the form.

You can start your declaration, complete part of it, then if you want to quit, it saves your work up to that point.  You can go back and change things and the declaration is only complete and transmitted when you click the final 'send' button.

As Ron says, it's the same as doing the paper declaration, only on the screen.

[/quote]

Thanks, it was the 3916 I wasn't sure would be available