Claiming rebate for double glazing

sugarfree

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked a thousand times already.

I'm just about to fill in my French tax return (paper version) and am wondering which figure to put in the box marked WH.

We installed double glazing back in November.  The cost of the materials was around 4,000 euros, "hors taxe" (i.e. before VAT).

Should I enter the figure of 1,000 euros (i.e. the 25% of the total cost of materials that I am allowed to claim) or should I put the full cost of the materials (i.e. 4,000 euros) and let the tax authorities work out what they owe me?

Also, what supporting documents do I need to submit?  All I have is an itemised invoice, showing the labour and materials costs separately.  Do I have to submit the original or will a photocopy do?

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

From the French tax office help line"

"  point 7 case WF - Vous devez déclarer le  prix TTC mais le coût de la main d'oeuvre est exclu"

You must declare the price including TVA but excluding the labour costs.

Edit Snap, but that should read,  as SD has said box WH, WF is for fires

I think you are getting confused with VAT reductions.   Tax allowances for energy saving works or fitments are for expenditure incurred only in the financial year being declared. Back claims have to be made separately to the Tax office and cannot just be added in to a current year.