HMR scam

milkeybar kid

Whilst just in the UK we were chatting with an independent tax advisor who warned us not to fill out any e mail enquiry from H.M. Revenue as the bogus enquiries have had even the proffesionals fooled.Also, said we were wise not to fill out French tax on line showing the bank details!!

Also a deliberate ploy by the UK Government at the moment (as they are desperate for funds and to show good predictions for funds!) is a revision on your tax number rating, be aware they are revising many rating and deliberately putting them higher eg: Friends rating number was 72 , they had notice to up the number to approx 2000 , knowing full well at a review (that could take 2 years ) it would be reduced back, their accountants were so furious as it was the 10th clients re assessment in one week the they were going to report this to the BBC!!! and ask for a public investigation, guess what, big apology came back and all the 10 people had their rating reduced back to where it was before. The UK government "it is alleged" is so desperate to show good projected figures they are trying anything!

The bogus HMRC e-mail scam is just the standard 'phishing' technique of getting you to your disclose your security codes/PIN numbers so they can access your accounts/cards.  No official/bank website will ever ask you for this information, so you should follow routine precautions.

As for suggesting it's wise not to fill out French tax on-line showing your bank detailes, does he imagine your bank account number is secret? [8-)]

OK, perhaps better known as a code that identifies the rate of tax you end up paying!!!!!! but still no excuse for the funny goings on with the UK Tax office.They can manipulate this code rating as and when they choose that is what is alleged, when it was explained to me.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/codes-basics.htm#1

Ah, tax codes. Yes, I do know about them. But as that HMRC link says, milkeybar, the higher your tax code, the less tax you pay: so having your code put up from 72 to 2000 would be good news (though rather unlikely). Are you sure you got the details right?

Those numbers were correct (perhaps its end numbers)also I recall we were discussing self employment and contracting out. I must have written them back to front - sorry.How it was put over to me was that these codes/rates are being wrongly assessed time and time again - as to be only advantageous to the government. Just checked my diary of whilst we were in UK - wrote it all down including numbers ! over excitement , all too much!