How to make QUICK transfers from UK to France?

Cirrus

Does anybody know a bank that will accept fax or internet trnsfer requests from UK to France? My existing banks (Natwet and Nationwide) are now hopeless - Nationwide insist that I present myself personally at the UK branch, and Natwest will only accept a request by letter. Even the latter is too slow to take advantage of occasional brief improvements in the exchange rate.

We have also used HIFX several times with no complaint. You can do the deal on the phone which is binding on both parties and then an electronic transfer to them from your UK bank. It pays to transfer a sizeable one off lump each time as you get a better exchange rate although they will do regular transfers if you wish. I think you can also do forward pegging..............JR

http://www.hifx.co.uk/

I transfer cash between my UK HSBC account and my french one on-line  in next to no time, good rates from the HSBC and a reasonable transfer fee. Just have to remember to transfer before 3pm as the service closes for the day then.

By coincidence our postman has just dropped the mail through the letterbox and there's a flyer from the Post Office regarding Overseas Porperty Money Transfers.

No commission, no transfer fee, no receiving charges. Says it done by SWIFT. Haven't used them in the past as I've gone through the bank but might be worth a look;

postoffice.co.uk/moneytransfers

Aitch

I use the internet to send sameday (sometimes next day arrival depending on where the recipient account is) funds from RBS to 'World First' (similar to HIFX etc) They then send the funds to my french bank account. It usually takes 2 days, with no transfer costs if you negociate.