Wood for Wood burners, "what to use"

As a television researcher the information was gleaned from four books, and five websites, and then double checked. As for copyright, having changed over 60% of the material, it was not copy right. Posted as an aid to others, wont bother again.

So what wood should I be using?  I just get the local blerk to deliver 4 stere of firewood - usually a mixture of birch and other hardish wood (no pine obviously) chopped into 50ish cm chunks..... Burnt a treat last winter, and still have some left.

Should I be doing shedloads of research and getting in a tizz.  Is this too easy [:D]   Aaaaarghhhh!

Fi

My last comment.

Over the last year or two I've been on this forum, the question of wood burners pops up regularly. "What can I burn?" "What can't I burn?", "What's best for this or that?". Because, as part of research into something else, I found various calaific charts for differing woods, then lists of various other properties of woods for burning etc, I asked if I could qoute from them, and compiled a list, for me, for my use. Then yet again the question popped up on this forum, so trying to be helpful, and with permision of those qouted, but using my own lists, I posted it in order to help others. Those who may yet join the forum, or those happy to lurk and learn, perhaps those just installing a wood burner. Much the same as I learnt about various woods for use in making guitars.

I've learnt my lesson, I'm not in a "tiss" just dismayed that some, would prevent others from finding something out, that may help them, Maybe there are those as dense as the wood they burn??

I'm not that dense (less than mahogany, more than balsa[:)]) - it's just I want the wood I burn to chuck out enough heat to keep us warm, not coke up the chimney, and not cost a bras et une jambe.  The cheapish wood I get fulfills all the criteria so I can ignore the wood question and concentrate on something more important to me, e.g. the best price for a good slurpable Burgundy ......

Can't understand why your original post was fried - someone being a little over-zealous perhaps? 

Fi

[quote user="f1steveuk"]My last comment.

Over the last year or two I've been on this forum, the question of wood burners pops up regularly. "What can I burn?" "What can't I burn?", "What's best for this or that?". Because, as part of research into something else, I found various calaific charts for differing woods, then lists of various other properties of woods for burning etc, I asked if I could qoute from them, and compiled a list, for me, for my use. Then yet again the question popped up on this forum, so trying to be helpful, and with permision of those qouted, but using my own lists, I posted it in order to help others. Those who may yet join the forum, or those happy to lurk and learn, perhaps those just installing a wood burner. Much the same as I learnt about various woods for use in making guitars.

I've learnt my lesson, I'm not in a "tiss" just dismayed that some, would prevent others from finding something out, that may help them, Maybe there are those as dense as the wood they burn??
[/quote]

No need be dismayed, the same (nearly [;-)]) info is still there on the sites I posted links to if anyone wants.

For info, we get mostly Oak from local wood suppliers. Good all round burning wood and probably the most common tree around here.

Danny