No Tax Habitation - who to contact

minnie

[quote user="cooperlola"]I got my statement three weeks ago but it's just a schedule of payments for next year as I pay by monthly direct debit. [/quote]

I pay mine by DD as well, but it still says words to the effect that the DD payments overide the normal payment date of the 15/11/09.

[quote user="cooperlola"]Thus I am not sure it's safe to assume that every area is the same, as I had done before (see the other thread Krusty links to.)[/quote]

My point exactly.[:D]

From the impots website:

A quelle date vais-je recevoir mon avis de taxe d’habitation ?

Les avis sont distribués par la poste du mois d’octobre (pour une date limite de paiement au 16 novembre 2009) au mois de novembre 2009 (pour un règlement au 15 décembre 2009).

So, payment date depends upon when the avis is sent out.....[;-)]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]From the impots website:

A quelle date vais-je recevoir mon avis de taxe d’habitation ?

Les avis sont distribués par la poste du mois d’octobre (pour une date limite de paiement au 16 novembre 2009) au mois de novembre 2009 (pour un règlement au 15 décembre 2009).

So, payment date depends upon when the avis is sent out.....[;-)][/quote]

Just to underline this, ours had a "date de mise en recouvrement" of 31/10/09 and is payable by 15th December. We haven't received the avis yet, but I can see it when I log in to my records in the impots.gouv.fr site.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="connolls"]Hi Jay

Could anyone clarify for me if it's 60 or 70 that you get a reduction/exemption as another thread on this subject seems to suggest 70.

Confused.com ???

Thanks Mel.[/quote]

Yes it is 60 if you are also on low income. No doubt somebody will be along with a link to the appropriate regulation. As far as I am aware, if you are eligible you do not receive a bill or any notification. You can always check on the Impots.gouv.fr site.