Has anyone else not yet received their Winter Fuel Allowance?

nectarine

It's a good analogy.  I get cheap rail travel all over Europe (and in some countries outside also) although I never worked for a second for any company apart from British Rail and its subsidiaries.  In return, railway workers in those countries travel cheaply in the UK.  That is what reciprocal arrangements mean, like it or not. 

There's nothing despicable about people who take advantage of the reciprocal arrangement set up both the European Union, where the member countries have co-operated in setting up the systems which we use.  Don't blame the people who use the system, Norman, blame the system.

"Nobody is more despicable than those who profit from a better system that they haven't paid for, but expect the old country to pick up the bill."  Murderers?  Child molesters? Rapists?  That's like saying "there's nothing worse than a paper cut" - it's blantant rubbish. 

• 3 weeks later...
Mr J lived and worked all his life in the UK and had his 60th birthday in the spring before he moved to live in France in August of that year

He is not and will never be entitled to Winter Fuel Allowance

Mr P , whose 60th birthday was in the summer came to "live" in the UK from another EU country for a few months around September, then went home, is and will always receive Winter Fuel Allowance

The question is, does Mr J jump on a cheap Brian-air flight to spend the qualifying days in September each year in the UK so he can cheat the system and claim the allowance or say "C'est la vie"

No prizes for guessing which one's me

Joshua

And some people, who are 60 in the UK have to wait a year to get the WFA - why, because they were born after the qualifying date of (whatever it is) in September.  How do I know - my sister, turned 60 in October, and has to wait until next year.  Now that to me is just as stupid.  I would have thought it would be fair to give anyone who was living in the UK on their 60th (or whatever age at which you qualify for something) to be given it.  I would miss out for exactly the same reason  - but since I moved here the year before I was 60, I knew I would not get it.  But I do feel my sister should !!  (And if I had still been living in the UK I wold have felt as agrieved as she does!).