OUCH! Tax d'habitation

Chancer

Thanks Clair for the translated info.

There are myself, my hubby and our son in our household - would that make us 1.50 (each person after the first being a quarter part) parts or 2.50 parts (adults being 1 part each and child being half)?

I just dont understand why we get a good rebate with our tax assessment then they take it back through another avenue - maybe its to soften the blow a bit lol.

Thanks again

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Celestine"]There are myself, my hubby and our son in our household - would that make us 1.50 (each person after the first being a quarter part) parts or 2.50 parts (adults being 1 part each and child being half)?[/quote]

married couple + 1 dependent child = 2½ parts

Thank you Clair.

So according to that form 2.5 parts 17 718 euros. Does that mean that our RFR should be more than that and if it isnt we could be elligible for deductions?

I just want to find out if theres a possibility this bill is wrong then I will go to see our local office.

Sweet17 - I found this on another site re the over 60 thing.

Firstly, your revenu fiscal de reference (as shown on your tax avis) must not exceed 9,837€ (single person) or 15,091€ (couple) and you must not be subject to wealth tax.

Provided you meet this condition, then:

If you are aged 65 to 75, you receive a 100€ rebate on your tax fonciere bill;

If you are aged 75 or over, you are exempt from paying tax fonciere;

If you are aged 60 or over, you are exempt from paying tax d'habitation.

Even if you do not meet the above age/maximum income conditions, there is a cap applied to your tax d'habitation based upon your actual income and family circumstances.

In addition to all the above, reductions/exemptions are also available to persons receiving ASPA benefits, invalidity benefits, etc

The reductions/exemptions are automatically calculated according to the information you supply on your tax declaration.

Celestine, thanks for thinking about me when you were reading "stuff".

Unfortunately, the official whom I saw said that the tax was due because OH was a taxpayer and, not only that, even the audio-visuelle element was due.

When I read the information that Clair posted, I could see that we were over the limit so I just grinned and paid up.

But thanks for trying to help![:D]

Youre very welcome!!

Now, perhaps you'd answer a question for me please if you can? On the TH form did it list both you and your husband under occupants? For some reason this form is addressed to me (they had the address wrong too and spent ages finding me!) even though my husband is the one working and does the tax return forms which we dont actually pay, we get a rebate for.

The other thing that puzzles me is that my FIP number on the TH form doesnt match the FIP number on all the tax return forms for our household. Oh my heads spinning lol.

Celestine, I have just looked through the forms and most of them do say M ou Mme but there is the odd exception when the name is only the OH's.

As far as I can see, the Numéro Fiscal on the all the forms is the same.  Be sure that you are checking the NF and not the Référence de l'avis which is a different number.

To encourage you, I went to the Impôts office about 4 times and the local Trésor about 8 times and I am hopeful that all is now resolved.

I say "hopeful" because it might all be wrong again next year.  We have lived here since April 2007, have filled in 2 Tax Returns, have paid and sorted out our taxes as and when due and all the toings and froings have been because it's the functionnaires who have got it wrong.

We did get back over 500 euros in overpaid TF and/or TH but I felt as though the amount of time I'd spent on the damned things, what I got back was something like 10 euros for every hour of my time!

But, don't be discouraged, keep going back, patiently going over things you don't understand and keep re-stating the facts as you understand them and one day, you'll find you'd earned their grudging admiration and they might even give you back some of your own money.

Bon courage!