OUCH! Tax d'habitation

Chancer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add my congrats to Chancer and without wishing to hijack his posting I too have been in a battle with the Impots. Thought we were getting somewhere then two steps back and all of that.

Ok fine lets all go to Concilliator then some stronger letters and hair tearing situations.

Friday 13th a letter confirming a degrevement on our tax of 1333 euros!

Normally I do not even go out on the 13th!

[quote user="dragonrouge"]

Friday 13th a letter confirming a degrevement on our tax of 1333 euros!

Normally I do not even go out on the 13th![/quote]

Good grief, your reduction was over 3x what we paid last year! Congratulations to you and Chancer, it's really good to know you can win sometimes!

I have RFR of 19974euro,and if I calculate the figure by subtracting 7918 then x 3.44%=414euro .

If  this is the maximum  TdH I'd have to pay,then  why am I billed for 500euro TdH ,   plus  audiovisuelle of 118=total532EURO.

I HAVE A BILL FOR 618EURO TO pay tomorrow i.e.86euro more.--Why?[8-)]

[quote user="Ab"]

I have RFR of 19974euro,and if I calculate the figure by subtracting 7918 then x 3.44%=414euro .

If  this is the maximum  TdH I'd have to pay,then  why am I billed for 500euro TdH ,   plus  audiovisuelle of 118=total532EURO.

I HAVE A BILL FOR 618EURO TO pay tomorrow i.e.86euro more.--Why?[8-)]

[/quote]

You have lost me with your maths[8-)]

€500 + €118 equals the €618 that you have to pay, did you really mean "why am I not billed €414 for TDH..................... = total €532?

I dont know the answer mind you but following me experience I reckon all you need to do is work out how to do mind control like Darren Brown (I think thats his name) look the clerk in the eye and say convincingly "IL FAUT REDUIRE LA VALEUR LOCATIVE DE 4/5 [:D]

[quote user="Ab"]SUNDAY DRIVER  13/11/2009 in this subject gave the method to calculate.

i.e.take the RFR ,then subtract 7918 euro from the RFR,

THEN multiply the figure by 3.44% to give maximum impossable TdH .mine comes out at 414 but billed for 500euro.[/quote]

But SD did also say:

<<There is an additional calculation based on the changes in tax levels

between 2000 and 2009 but you can basically ignore it as it'll only

make a difference to the platform of around 50€.>>

which might possibly account for some of the difference in your particular case.

Sue

SD's formula is nice and simple, but I can't get it to work for me. I don't seem to have any "abattements" offset against my RFR before the calculation (the7918 euros to subtract), consequently my Td'H is 290 euros more than SD's formula would suggest.

I confess I have not studied every post in this thread, so forgive me if this question has already been asked, but...

... I thought there was a reduction in one or more of the taxes for a maison secondaire? But I certainly don't see that on any of the forms I receive and blindly pay!

[quote user="Mel"]I confess I have not studied every post in this thread, so forgive me if this question has already been asked, but...

... I thought there was a reduction in one or more of the taxes for a maison secondaire? But I certainly don't see that on any of the forms I receive and blindly pay![/quote]

No - there are no reductions at all for a holiday home. Not in TF nor in TdH. And it doesn't matter what your income is. Or how many dependents you have. Just write the cheque/watch the money leave your bank account. It is quite literally the price you pay ...

Regards

Pickles

• 2 months later...

OK, really really confused!! My RFR minus the 7918 (what is that for anyway?) x 3.44% works out at 155 yet my bill was 475!

What I find strange is that the bill is in my name not my husbands. On the back page, under occupants should it not list not only me but my husband and my son too? What does S stand for under 'Nature'?

Also, we live on a property on my parents grounds. They dont pay TH because they are over 60, why do we still have to pay when the house isnt in our name?

Thanks!!

Can't answer the rest of your post but what makes you think that your parents don't have to pay because they are over 60?

My husband pays and he is over 78; not only that he pays the television bit of the TH too as he is a taxpayer in France.

[quote user="Celestine"]

Also, we live on a property on my parents grounds. ...  why do we still have to pay when the house isnt in our name?[/quote]

You pay because you occupy the house; regardless of who owns it. We rent our house; we live in it, we pay the taxe d'hab. Our landlord owns the house and the land it is on so he pays the taxe fonc.

[quote user="martyng"]Should I be worried that I have not yet received a taxe d'h bill to calculate? We arrived in July but judging from these posts we should have had one by now? I am sure I can't ignore it![/quote]The person, or family, who live in the house on 1st January of any year pay the taxe d'hab. So if you moved in in a July, as we did in July 2005, you get no bill till the following year. That is it, no question about it. But, come, October 2010 you will receive a bill, retrospectively, for 2010. Start saving now !