Best Way To Change Euro To Sterling

marc62

Hi all

Can anyone advise on the best way to to exchange 20K+ Euro back into sterling, we do have a Britline bank account.

I have checked through the posts but they all tend to talk about Sterling to Euro, knowing LF I am sure some smarty pants will find a post with the excat answer though [:D]

Many thanks

Marc

Whichever way you choose to do it I'd wait until after the UK election. A hung parliament will crucify Sterling and even without it the markets will likely take a defensive position in the immediate run up to cover the possibility.

It is risk reward ratio time. HSBC / Midland as was charge me 1 % off the middle market rate. Specilaist currency brokers charge less but I have yet to find one whose balance sheet does not cause the intergalactic laxative to run through my bowels. If I needed money from the Euro to Sterling I would do it as soon as the rate falls below 1.11 pre election. Post election I think it will be 1.25

[quote user="marc62"]

Hi all

Can anyone advise on the best way to to exchange 20K+ Euro back into sterling, we do have a Britline bank account.

I have checked through the posts but they all tend to talk about Sterling to Euro, knowing LF I am sure some smarty pants will find a post with the excat answer though [:D]

Many thanks

Marc

[/quote]

Abracadabra!

[quote user="Anton Redman II"]It is risk reward ratio time. HSBC / Midland as was charge me 1 % off the middle market rate. Specilaist currency brokers charge less but I have yet to find one whose balance sheet does not cause the intergalactic laxative to run through my bowels. If I needed money from the Euro to Sterling I would do it as soon as the rate falls below 1.11 pre election. Post election I think it will be 1.25[/quote]

Although nothing like the 1.50 rate of three odd years ago - 1.25 would be very nice. So Anton, hoping you are right

Paul