How do you access the on line tax forms?

David

I have been trying to access my on line tax form for the first time ever, but without succes.  I am a complete idiot with computers and tax forms, so no doubt I am doing something stupid.

I have tried looking through the various threads, but cannot find any simple instructions, so is it possible for someone to advise in simple step by step instructions how to access my tax forms on line PLEASE?

For the first time, I just want to look at the on line forms and perhaps experiment on line as I do the paper forms for submission to the local office.

Also I do not understand the Certificate or what you do with it, or whether it is possible look at the forms without the Certificate.  Do you print this Certificate off before proceeding?

I have also heard that there is a tax calculator on line, which does not require a Certificate, but I could not find it, perhaps I am wrong and the tax calculator is with the forms themselves.

Many thanks,

David

Hi David, I can help you to find the forms... You don't need a certificate to access them.

On www.impots.gouv.fr  click 'recherche de formulaires' (bottom right-hand side). 

Enter the form number in Numéro d'imprimé and click rechercher (find the numbers the papers you filled in last year).

You probably need at least the basic 2042 and the overseas revenue form 2047.

Watch out for the letters after the form number e.g. 2042C is a different form (appendix to) 2042, which appears further down the list of search results (go figure!). Your 2042K, if you received it in the post, is a partially completed 2042.

There are several versions of each form: to complete by hand (non remplissable), to complete on line then print off (remplissable), on-line guided version (saisie enligne assistée), and notes (notice) for the different forms.  NB.The notes for form 2042 are document number 2041.

The different versions of each form can be selected from the drop down list in the search results. Select the version you want then click OK. This will take you to the PDF of the document.

I hope that helps a bit. Sorry I can't be of help with the certificate, nor with the calculator.

Here's the simulator:

http://www3.finances.gouv.fr/calcul_impot/2010/complet/index.htm

I can't remember about the certificate but I'll try and look into it. From memory, it's basically the key between your computer and the tax system - an anti fraud device - but I can't remember the process in detail (once done you don't do it again unless you have a new computer.) 

According to the Impôts website, you can now declare on line without a certificate.  What to do (either way) listed here:

http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/dgi/public;jsessionid=IRHTSO1YSHHZ3QFIEMQSFFGAVARW4IV1?paf_dm=popup&paf_gm=content&pageId=particuliers&espId=1&typePage=cpr02&paf_gear_id=500018&docOid=documentstandard_6054&temNvlPopUp=true

Still have to have made a first declaration in paper form.

As I understand it, however, getting a certificate means you can access all your information on line.

The certificates do expire from time to time but renewal is straightforward