Jump to content

From Russia with love!


Recommended Posts

Just wondering whether anyone out there can help me with a tax query.

My father-in-law who is Russian and lives in Moscow is planning to transfer about £20,000 into a Nationwide Account that is held jointly by my husband and myself.

The money is a gift to his son, i.e. my husband.

My husband and I are both resident in France, although "domiciled" in the UK.  We have tax allowances in the UK, but we don't use them.

Any ideas about how HMRC is likely to treat this gift from Russia? 

Any advice you can give would be most gratefully received....




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...