Complete France Forum

mouthwashes

menthe

22 hours ago, menthe said:

Any recommendations for a stain-removing mouthwash, please?

There is some evidence to suggest the 3% hydrogen peroxide (eau oxygénée) may help with removing stains from teeth.  You could look into that depending on your situation.

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS as I am not a Dr or Dentist, just something I have read.

1 hour ago, Lehaut said:

There is some evidence to suggest the 3% hydrogen peroxide (eau oxygénée) may help with removing stains from teeth.  You could look into that depending on your situation.

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS as I am not a Dr or Dentist, just something I have read.

Mint, if you have had chemotherapy in the past you may have been prescribed this, to prevent mouth ulcers.

Edited by betise
spelling

Betise, Thanks, guys, will definitely look into this.

Betise, for my mouth ulcers I was prescribed something horrendously expensive which had to be made up with distilled water by the pharmacien.  It was reddish in colour, tasted vile but did the trick.

If I remember correctly, it was so expensive that the doctor wrote something on the prescription, that said that there was no alternative.

Can't remember the exact product but I only used it for 2 weeks though the prescription was for 6 weeks.  Even though I wasn't paying, I thought it was an outrageous price for something you can't even drink!

Hours later

Sorry , just found this message unsent....gggrrrhhh

Actually, I don't think I fancy putting bleach no matter how dilute in my mouth.  I think I will try mixing sodium bicarb into a paste and brush my teeth with that.  They are not too bad but the dentist did not appear interested in giving them a polish.  After drinking tea and coffee (only once a day for each) I always rinse my mouth straightaway with water.  With a mouth full of expensive implants and crowns, it just seems a shame not to get everything looking a bit brighter, that's all.  You might say I am merely looking after my investments!😝