E forms and ayant droit

ando

Hello all, in a few months time I will be taking early retirement (58) and hope soon afterwards to become resident in France.                                                                      I understand the situation re E106 and E121 apart from the exact duration of th E106.

However as my wife is French, I am wondering how this might affect my rights in this respect. Would i have any entitlement to health cover as "ayant droit"

because of my french wife. You might think she should know, but alas not the case. Does anyone have any knowledge in this respect.

Perhaps there is someone out there in similar circumstances who might be able to offer some enlightenment.

Thanks Ando

pop up the road pet to the pensions office ye nah...Benton area or give them a ring they diven't speak french patoi but there canny  and helpfull...they may re-direct to a touwn in the south of England ,in the Midlands....and there not hostile either!![:D]

From an "Exciled "geordie in france![B]

[quote user="Ab"]

pop up the road pet to the pensions office ye nah...Benton area or give them a ring they diven't speak french patoi but there canny  and helpfull...they may re-direct to a touwn in the south of England ,in the Midlands....and there not hostile either!![:D]

From an "Exciled "geordie in france![B]

[/quote]

[:D] Same here Ab - sometimes I just ring them up to listen to a geordie accent !

One of my aunties used to work there.

Ando, I think the first step is to find out what your o/h's rights are over here.  Does she have any social security payment record over here?

I've been trying to establish for some time what the situation is for French people who have worked for some time in the UK when they return to their native country.  My assumption is that they would get E106 cover based upon work done in the UK and then would get into CMU on the grounds of their nationality (or another caisse if they work.)  If this is the case then their spouse should  be covered, certainly. 

But I don't know for sure.  If your wife works over here in France then what Norman says applies.  If not....

She could try some research at :

http://www.cfe.fr/

and

http://www.ameli.fr/index.php

Well thanks for your help coops, in fact she has worked for only a few weeks since being here (over 3 years) but does have an NI number.

Doubt if it would be of any significance.

might she have lost some entitlement in her absence? No idea how it works for French nationals.

[quote user="ando"]

might she have lost some entitlement in her absence? No idea how it works for French nationals.

[/quote]I don't know.  Neither have I.

However, a trawl through those links might help you.  If she has hardly worked in the UK then an E106 is out of the question for her but not for you.  You would get up to 30 months cover from the date you stop working in Britain.  And then she has ayant droit via you.  I am pretty confident that as a French national she would gain CMU entry but I'd suggest she get chapter and verse on this from the French authorities or you could find you have a health cover gap until you've been here five years.  Because this forum tends to be populated by Brits, the number of us in this specific situation is somewhat limited.  Yes, we have French nationals and UK nationals with French spice but I'm not sure what their knowledge base is since the new rules and regs came in.

Gan canny.