Filing Impot form on line - problem with section charges deductibles

mogs

I managed to work my way through the form online ok but am finding that it skips from section 4 to section 7 - there doesn't appear to be a section 5 on my paper form either but I need to fill in box 6DD, however it isn't there.

I'm thinking I may just have to send in a paper version anyway so I can write these down.

Is there likely to be a problem with doing this once registered to do it on line?

Hi Mogs

It is all to do with which boxes you tick on the intro'page.  Unless you tick every section which applies to you, then the on-line system will skip them (I had a look at this whilst doing my own).  Start again at stage one and if in doubt tick every box!  There is indeed no section 5 on paper form 2042K.   I suspect that there is though on 2042 but don't know for sure!

Hi

Had the same problem with form 2042c, tax credits and charges. Each of those two sections have an abbreviated list of boxes with an additional box to tick if you want to open out to all boxes. Took me awhile b4 i twigged that to get to box TA.

Rgds JFB