Treatment of Dividends

Grecian

Once again Lisa, many thanks. I was not aware of the Credit Agricole set-up, as I am looking into opening a French bank account before we move, CA is one of the banks I am considering. Mainly for the reason they have a branch in the village we are going to live in, and we can open it before we leave the UK, so if they are offering sterling rates of interest, this could well swing it their way.

• 2 years later...

Bringing this one back to the top as I am now in the position to answer my own initial question. Having struggled last year with our first tax return, this year I e-mailed our local tax office enquiring about the tax treatment of share and corporate bond dividends. Now I appreciate that things can be different all over France with local interpretations, but boss man at our local office informed me that share dividends are put in box A on 2047, and our eligible for the 40% abattement, and corporate bond dividends are put in box B and are not eligible for the 40% abattement.[:(]

I hope this information will help anybody struggling in the future with the same query.