Nappe phreatique low?

How is the water level round you, getting short, drying out, small rivers disappearing, nappe phreatique lower than average? My local river level is still above the historic average this year which should mean, I hope that the underground reserves are also higher.

Any banning or use limiting orders in place, eg filling swimming pools?

No rain for a month though.

We're on 'crise'. Have been on 'alert' since the beginning of the year. Ironically, since moving up to the highest alert, it has rained every day. Hopefully it'll mean we'll go back down when they make their next decision in ten days. Thankfully I've already decided not to open the pool this year. Last year we got as far as the beginning of July before restrictions meant we couldn't top up. So, for the hottest part of the year, all I had was a green pond. I'll use the saved electricity to run the air conditioning whilst taking cold baths 😀

• Haha 1

Here in Nantes and most of LA we are OK at the moment.  The Loire level in town is down a bit.  Further up there appear to be the massive sand banks you see in the photos, but not in the main channel.  That said, we have not had any rain for a month and the trees are starting to shed their leaves already to reduce water loss.

No restrictions here so far (Dordogne bordering Correze).  Afternoon/evening storms are in the forecast regularly lately.  Hopefully they will deliver enough rain to avoid restrictions.  We'll see.

Lori, you seem to have settled down nicely in your new location.  I met a man from Correze yesterday and he was very proud of living there.

We have had a fair bit of rain but the ground is still as dry as dust.  Only yesterday, I was driving slowly, practically creeping, on a dirt track.  Nicely keeping my distance from a row of parked cars, I thought, when all of a sudden I must have hit a rut because my car was thrown sideways into the row of cars, damaging the last 2 cars in the row!

So I feel like I am in one of those adverts where the claimant said well this lamp post came up and hit me.  I don't know how I could have been thrown sideways and how I could have done so much damage creeping along and being ultra careful.  My poor old car had to be towed away and I fear it would be a write-off.

• Sad 1

Oh no Menthe !  Must have been a huge pothole or dirt hole in this case.  I'm so sorry this happened to you.  I hope your insurance company treats you gently.  Never a pleasant process.

Yes, we have settled nicely, thank you.  We're very happy with the new house and the new location.  All work on the house (short of a custom bathroom mirror that has to be ordered and a shower replacement in the downstairs bathroom() has been finished and it looks fantastic.

Just barely made it back from our walk before the rain storm came.  Not too much rain fell, but we are still under clouds, so hopefully more will arrive.

• Like 1

Nice to hear you are happy, Lori.  As soon as you described the house, it sounded ideal for you🙂

So much of interest in the Dordogne.  It's physically big too, with lots of variety.

Some departements are big but very much samey samey for kilometre after kilometre.  Here in the Dordogne, you only have to drive a couple of hours and you are in some place that is totally different from the place you have just left.

I don't think I should ever get tired of it.

• Like 1