How to Create Personal Space on impots.gouv.fr website for Property Declaration

In order to complete the property declaration, I need to create a 'personal space' on the impots.gouv.fr website and to do so need to complete a form.  Having found the form and completed it online, it will not submit indicating that I need to complete all required fields which I have done.  So I'm stuck - does anyone have an address that I can send the required ID to or suggest how I complete the required property declaration by post.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Barley said:

In order to complete the property declaration, I need to create a 'personal space' on the impots.gouv.fr website and to do so need to complete a form.  Having found the form and completed it online, it will not submit indicating that I need to complete all required fields which I have done.  So I'm stuck - does anyone have an address that I can send the required ID to or suggest how I complete the required property declaration by post.

Thanks

I went through all of that ---and got nowhere!! Finally I went to the offices of the finance people and sat in a queue for half an hour. Finally the chap I saw redilly acknowledged a problem with the site and corrected my details there and then on his computer, it took about two minutes!! Sorry I can't be more helpful!

I am in the process of filling out my annexes and have still not come across where I need to put the info about this being our principal residence.

I think I will just write a note at the end in the box provided for further information and also send a message via my security message box.

Or...is there a box somewhere that I have not yet come to that lets you declare?

If it helps, when you are logged in to the impôts website take a look along the top menu and there is a link to "biens immobiliers". That should........take you to the relevant page to view any property that you have in France and edit anything that is not correct, then, from memory, there is déclarer button to click and it's done.

• 1 month later...

Apparently about 50 per cent of french people who should have completed this wretched form - have not yet done so.   Which is why the gvt has had to extend the deadline.   Extended to 31 July - and we all know what happens during July and August don't we ?  !!

I would be willing to bet that they will have to extend the deadline again until end of October.   Personal visits to the tax offices seem to be causing some problems.  

This could have been eased a bit if they had allowed paper forms to be completed.   Not everyone can cope with completing complicated forms on-line on a computer, certainly if french is not your first language.   I am aware of several people who, although 'fluent' in french, hate and have difficulty with completing these on-line french forms.

I'm surprised that France hasn't allowed paper forms for this return; I thought it was wrong to insist that everyone has to complete this on-line.

Has anyone thought of downloading a blank version of this form from their own 'personal space' ? !!   Then make it available for us to print off, and send in - as our own personal protest about being forced to do this on-line.......!!

Chessie

I think the problem is that they no longer have the manpower to deal with the mass of queries arising from erroneous data in the system which has accumulated over the years.

The description of one of our our properties, a barn in another village, with no services, is totally wrong. I never looked at it before, and it didn't matter anyway, but now it appears to be habitable.

I sent a message on May 17 explaining that the questionnaire is not appropriate. I received no reply, and continued getting reminders to complete it.

On June 6 I saw a notice saying the declaration should be completed even if the description of the property is wrong, so I completed the declaration to the effect that the property is vacant, and has been so since January 2000, when we bought it. At least this has stopped the reminders, but I still have no reply to my message.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally completed my declaration.  My problem was creating my 'personal space' on the impots website.  Finally found an email address to contact and submit ID documents.  They came back to me with links to access designated area and after that I managed to complete the declaration.  Thanks for all the comments which were most interesting and good to know I wasn't the only one experiencing problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, could I jump in on this annoying topic too please😉 with help from Martin -The Kingfisher! we sent of our info to obtain a personal fiscal number, back on 26th June, I’ve sent emails and messages to numerous departments, without a single reply from anywhere. If anyone hears of yet another extended deadline for completion of the Biens Immobilier, would they please, post details, I have no idea how to proceed now. Just seem to be stuck in a loop. Many of the gouv.fr web pages seem to be in-active at the moment (under maintenance!) but there is no response from the non-resident email address. We too are in the UK, haven’t been able to visit our property since last October, due to my being involved in an accident and not being particularly mobile to date.
But any suggestions as to how to proceed would be gratefully received

From what my Australian neighbours (3 months in the summer) told me, you do need a fiscal number.  They went down to the tax office to pay but were told "no can do".

Unlike you, however, they do have a fiscal number but it was back in Australia!  Their accountant told them it was nothing to lose sleep over and that she would do the necessary for them once she got the number.

Have you tried ringing?  I find that where emails elicit no response, a phone call generally does.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your input Menthe, well we did originally try phoning but lines for any relevant office which might help provide a personal tax fiscal number, we’re never answered. Either that or permanently engaged. But I’m afraid we are sorely lacking in the French Speaking Department….a failing on our part. But if we were able to get a connecting, I’m sure we could bluff our way through the process. But we’ll just have to keep on trying with the emails for the time being. Thanks again though.