R43 for 2009-2010

sugarfree

Has anyone noticed that the HMCR's R43 form for 2009-2010 (for claiming back tax paid on interest from UK bank accounts) is not available on their website yet?

Just wondering what the hold-up is this year. I've given up trying to telephone them - it's impossible to get through.  And although I sent an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, I've had no reply.

Just had the same problem myself and sent an email but I shan't be holding my breath for a reply.

A friend of mine is currently having fun trying to get his tax-code corrected because of a huge blunder by HMRC earlier in the year.  Apparently, unknown numbers of UK tax payers have been given incorrect tax codes caused by a so called error in a new computer system.

I know the UK is hard up, but taking or keeping money that they are not entitled to is a bit much!

[quote user="sugarfree"]

Has anyone noticed that the HMCR's R43 form for 2009-2010 (for claiming back tax paid on interest from UK bank accounts) is not available on their website yet?   [/quote]

I was told by HMRC that I could download the last R43 form available online, cross out the date thereon and overwrite with whatever year I needed. So I did that - and it worked!

Sue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was given this number by HMRC last week to avoid using the all-encompassing 084530003949, which doesn't work from France.

I was also given the turn-round figure of around 3-3.5 months before R43's will even be logged as received, never mind actioned!

My partner was told he had to complete a full SA100 for 09/10 to get his refund - yet another method of avoiding refunding for as long as possible?

[quote user="tinabee"]I also used a modified form and sent it to Nottingham. However I have just received a 2009/10 form which has to be sent to Leicester.  So it looks like we may have to start all over again [:@][/quote]

Sent in the new form - got the refund a month later  [:)]