when does tax bill arrive?

chirpy

The provisional dates for the sending out or availability on line for the avis d'imposition are

To be sent by post                      available on line

6 aug                                           2 aug

9 aug                                           5 aug

23 sept                                        27 sept

Where did you find the list, Gardener?  Our avis always turns up several weeks after our CPAM have asked for it (the proof of legal residence stuff that happens now), with much irritating back and forth between the two authorites as a result.  It's become an annual ritual.  It would be good to know the official line on the date as I'm sure we always get ours later than that.  In fact I think there's a thread about this from last year as a fellow forum member had exactly the same problem as we always do.

I went into my space on the impots.gouv.fr website and found it under Tableau previsionnel 2010...

You can find the dates for the sending out of the taxe d'hab etc too.

I can't find the same detailed information without logging into my account, but if you haven't got one and need to know something specific I'll try and find it for you.

[quote user="bubbles"]Our bill was waiting here for us when we got back to France on 13th July.

And we sent it in late!

We have until 26th August to pay it.[/quote]

But was that your "Avis d'impôt sur le revenu" for 2009 income?

Ah, no, sorry, it was for 2008. Just checked.

Glad you asked.

I already received an avis for 2008 earlier this year (I sent in the forms late) - this was for zero which was nice!

Didn't realise this new avis was for 2008 as well.

Just presumed it was 2009.

So, they have had a rethink and decided to ask for some money after all then!

And there'll be another bill on its way.

Hiss, boo.

• 2 weeks later...

As a result of seeing Gardener's post, I too had a look and .............. it's there.  A nice rebate coming my way too (installation of new windows, so an offset vs tax due).

What amazes me is that there was no demand for documentary evidence of the offset claim. (I filed online). I've got it & it's all genuine, but nonetheless.  I can only guess that they accept below a certain threshold and check a proportion of claims.

• 3 weeks later...
Our tax bill showed up about 10 days ago, but there was no social charge bill in the envelope. Should we have received the social charge bill together with the tax bill, or does that pesky little bill show up separately?

I should have remembered from last year to be honest, but we did not pay any tax last year as it was our first return and only a part-year, we did pay a small amount of social charges last year.

[quote user="Gardian"]

As a result of seeing Gardener's post, I too had a look and .............. it's there.  A nice rebate coming my way too (installation of new windows, so an offset vs tax due).

What amazes me is that there was no demand for documentary evidence of the offset claim. (I filed online). I've got it & it's all genuine, but nonetheless.  I can only guess that they accept below a certain threshold and check a proportion of claims.

[/quote]

Beware of becoming too complacent!! We filed online last year and then had a 4 month investigation by the tax office which stemmed from not providing documentary evidence of my travel expenses.

This year we filed directly and used an accountant in order to ensure everything was as correct as it could be. Still not received the avis but I've looked at it online.

Many thanks for the reply Clair. I will make a note this year when bills arrive so I will be prepared next year.

Whilst we are on the subject of bills arriving, when should the Foncières bill show up, I ask this because last year it was sent to our old UK address, and we had to go in person to obtain a duplicate. The lady at the time assured us that she had entered our French address on the computer, but to date the bill hasn't shown up. I checked my cheque book stub and last year we paid the duplicate bill on 6th October, so I would think the bill must be due sometime soon.

The taxe foncière bill should also turn up in September for payment in October.

Calendrier

15 octobreTaxe foncière : date limite de paiement

Sur

internet, les particuliers peuvent payer jusqu’au 20 octobre minuit. Si

vous n'êtes pas mensualisé, vous pouvez également adhérer par internet

au prélèvement à l’échéance jusqu'au 15 octobre minuit.

20 octobreTaxe foncière : paiement par internet

Date limite de paiement par internet pour les particuliers

15 novembrePrélèvements sociaux

Date

limite de paiement de la CSG, de la CRDS, du prélèvement social et

contribution additionnelle et de la contribution additionnelle RSA dont

les montants figurent sur les avis d'imposition ayant comme date de

mise en recouvrement le 31/10/2010.

15 novembreTaxe d'habitation/contribution à l’audiovisuel public : date limite de paiement

Sur

internet, les particuliers peuvent payer jusqu’au 20 novembre minuit.

Cette échéance concerne particulièrement les résidences principales

ainsi que certaines résidences secondaires (la date limite de paiement

est indiquée sur votre avis d'imposition). Si vous n'êtes pas

mensualisé, vous pouvez adhérer au prélèvement à l’échéance jusqu'au 15

novembre minuit sur internet.

20 novembrePrélèvements sociaux : paiement par internet

Les

particuliers ont jusqu'au 20 novembre minuit pour payer en ligne leur

contributions sociales. Le prélèvement sera effectué le 25/11/2010.

20 novembreTaxe d'habitation/ contribution à l’audiovisuel public: paiement sur internet

Les

particuliers ont jusqu'au 20 novembre minuit pour payer en ligne leur

taxe d'habitation - contribution à l’audiovisuel public. Le prélèvement

sera effectué le 25/11/2010.

I've visited the website and found the table of dates quoted by Gardener.  Perhaps my brain isn't on top form today, but I don't understand it.  It says that my avis d'imposition will be sent out some time after August 6, or else some time after August 9, or possibly some time after September 23.

Will some kind person take pity on me and explain this?

[quote user="allanb"]I've visited the website and found the table of dates quoted by Gardener.  Perhaps my brain isn't on top form today, but I don't understand it.  It says that my avis d'imposition will be sent out some time after August 6, or else some time after August 9, or possibly some time after September 23.

[/quote]

Dates vary for different regions (France, DOM-TOM, expats...)

[quote user="allanb"]I've visited the website and found the table of dates quoted by Gardener.  Perhaps my brain isn't on top form today, but I don't understand it.  It says that my avis d'imposition will be sent out some time after August 6, or else some time after August 9, or possibly some time after September 23.

[/quote]

I'm guessing that the dates correspond with when you were obliged to send in your tax form. Eg, those who have to submit their tax forms earlier , receive their avis' first etc.