What exchange rate for this year's tax return please?

menthe

Phew!  I was going to tell you to NOT use that first figure you supplied.  You'd have been paying tax at the rate of President Macron himself😄

Too many beers?  Are you, by any chance a Wrexham football supporter.....?

Actually, the only time I went to Wrexham was for a job interview and had never been so glad not to have got the job.  In those days, it was indescribably drab and the bus station was the very pits. 

Apologies to anyone from there.  You can now correct my first and only impression if you like🙂

Glad you spotted the error Menthe, thank you. More like the exchange rate many moons ago when we first came over to France.

Strangely enough, I don't support Wrexham -or any football team - but we lived for around 9 years in a small village in the hills above the Vale of Llangollen before coming to France, which put us around 8 miles from Wrexham. Maybe it has improved but back then..........shall we say,  it was a work in progress. There was a great cafĂ© though in a department store that did a superb UK breakfast for ÂŁ1,99 !!!! Our Saturday morning treat sometimes. That was in 2003 though😉

Thanks again and I shall start my tax return today using the correct figure.

Crabtree, I used to do that day you receive the money thing and, honestly, it would be easier watching the proverbial paint dry.  OH had 3 different "pay days" per month and I had 2 different days, different for me and different from his days of receipt.

Used to spend hours painstakingly noting exchange rate on the ECB historic rates site and added up columns of figures.  And I can assure you that the end result was not so very different from just taking the "official rate" suggested by tax offices. It simply was not worth the hassle.

Martin, you did live in a lovely part of Wales.  I walked the Offa's **** (however many years ago that was!) and near Llangollen you could look down from the path onto the river where it curves around the town.  Really lovely...

BTW, I am not Welsh though Wooly, in those days when such terms of endearment were allowed, used to call me the Welsh Wench.  Welsh Wench indeed, the thought and speech police would lock him  up nowadays if he said such things😂

Which works if you do, but not if your don't (ie I don't transfer all my pension to France ..) I used the 1.15 etc one, I've seen 1.17.and 1.16 variously quoted .. keep a note of what comes into the differnt bank accounts as income, some is euros, some is sterling, add it all up at end of year, do a conversion for what is needed to be converted then work it all out ..  if it comes out something like, perhaps a little more than last year, I am content and run with that.