Switching Bank/Livret A Accounts

Grecian

We are proposing to transfer our current account away from Credit Agricole and open a current account with Fortuneo, as our mutual friend The Nationwide is now charging us to withdraw our own money, and the fact CA charge for electronic transfers into our account. Also Fortuneo only charge an annual fee of 18 euros as opposed to 8,84 euros a month with CA. The only thing that has stopped us switching before is the fact that I could see no way of paying in cash to Fortuneo, this will now not be a problem as I am in the process of setting up a monthly transfer of sterling into euros, which will be paid into our new Fortuneo account.

Having looked at the Fortuneo site they say they will transfer all direct debits for us, as they would do in the UK, so hopefully not a problem there. Does anybody know how you transfer or cancel Livret A accounts please. Is it simply a case of closing the Livret A account with CA, then opening a new one with Fortuneo, or is it possible to transfer the Livret A the same time as the current account?

Also if anybody banks with Fortuneo I would be interested in your opinions of what you think about them.

Many thanks.

I've used Fortuneo for about a year now, and have absolutely no complaints. 

I was previously with the Banque Postale, where in addition to a normal current account I also had a Livret A.  I've left that open, partly because I don't see any advantage in moving it, but also because if I find myself with too much cash (a rare event) I can always deposit some of it in a post office.

Thank you both for your replies. I think we will close our existing Livret A accounts and start afresh with Fortuneo, after reading Clair's link it may save a lot of fuss.

Glad to hear Fortuneo are performing well allan, we are on some what of a roll at the moment, having successfully transfered from FT/Orange to SFR, we now feel brave enough to attempt moving our current account.