Christmas Bonus UK State Pension

Hester

Could anyone in receipt of a UK state pension tell me if they have received a Christmas Bonus for 2009. I received £10 in December 2008 but not for 2009. Thanks Hester. Edit: was there also a further £60 one off payment made for 2008?

Gosh yes it did !   Oooh it bought us loads of  stuff - not .  Now if we had been in France we could have visited our nearest vineyard ( anyway the one we know of ) and bought 10 litres of rose and had change left over .

ah well, it is good that the debt ridden UK is helping to put our hard earned taxes into the French system via a bonus for those who really need it!

VAT up to 20%, back to work tomorrow with no chance of a bonus just like millions of other hard workers. Oh to spend a pension bonus in France!

Marc

I could be wrong but do I detect a note of sour grapes and sarcasm there, marc?

Although I don't receive the UK state pension (yet), I would point out that they are indeed our taxes, and I for one wouldn't want to judge who needs a small bonus, and the system does allow for British EU residents to collect their rightful pensions.

So, back to work for you then, at least you're still earning. Most of us here were "hard workers" in a previous life, AND we weren't fortunate enough to live in "Kent AND the Vendee".

Yes, I think you could say you've hit a raw nerve there.

Happy 2011

[quote user="Bugsy"][quote user="sid"]

I could be wrong but do I detect a note of sour grapes and sarcasm there, marc?

[/quote]

More a misunderstanding I think Sid, we wasted ours on food [:P][:D]

[/quote]

Ah yes, how frivolous! (wasting it on food, I mean!) [blink]

If OAPs were to cut down on food, there would be fewer of them and more money to spend on other exciting things like policing, rubbish clearance, rubbish control, NHS waste......  . Perhaps a timely letter to the minsiter in charge mike get the Xmas bonus dropped, like the fuel allowance for those abroad.

[quote user="woolybanana"]If OAPs were to cut down on food, there would be fewer of them and more money to spend on other exciting things like policing, rubbish clearance, rubbish control, NHS waste......  . Perhaps a timely letter to the minsiter in charge mike get the Xmas bonus dropped, like the fuel allowance for those abroad.[/quote]

I suspect the fuel allowance may change for everyone, abroad or not - why people who are over 60 get it while they are still working, beats me.

lol Sid

Live in UK, Holiday in Vendee Sid

I have an issue with those who complain but regard the additional payments as a bonus as opposed to an additional quality of like during the Christmas period. I also have an issue with people who live in sheltered housing which includes heating then being given additional cold weather payments!

We all have an issue or two which we should be able to air. does not mean that a raw nerve has been hit but it sounds like it has with yourself though Sid.

Up the workers both present and past whose tax contributions and earnings enable a better quality of life. Let's think about those people who would really benifit from an additional £10 just to survive - the people who really need it. Thankfully that it is neither of us Sid.