Jump to content

cancelling fonciére & habitation taxes - how?


Recommended Posts

If ,as I assume, you still owned the property at 1 January 2011 you will receive the bills for the current. year. You will be responsible for paying both taxes for this year . The habitation will be entirely your responsibility and as far as the Fonciere is concerned the Notaire will/should have already collected an estimated amount for the buyers share. If he hasn't , and provision was included in the Acte you can contact the purchaser for their share.

Next year, and if you sold before January 2011 the notaire will have informed the authorities and you will be out of the loop!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...