Tax forms

malclom

It seems bizarre that the forms being sent out are not uniform.I've double checked & there definitely isn't a Box 8TI on my 2042.Any suggestions where I might stick it instead-please keep it clean!

[quote user="cooperlola"]I've just got mine and it is there  (back page, 6 boxes from the bottom.)  Which department are you in, Malcolm?  I thought all these forms were the same though.[/quote]

Same as you here in Maine et Loire, form 2042 K préremplie arrived this morning showing Box TI and  it seems almost identical to last year's form.

On the same back page at the top, please could someone explain the first line: CSG Déductible.. and in the box beside it is already printed a figure which appears to be not quite half of the sum we paid in Prélèvements Sociaux..

At the bottom of the page in Section 8 I am going to do as I did last year and enter my teacher pension in Box TI,  put a line through Box TL and ignore Box TK for the moment.- I'll take the whole lot ( in pencil!) to the Hôtel des Impôts later and see what they say.. As they've sent out the equivalent of last year's forms  they probably won't say much and if that's so then I'll probably  keep schtumm too! 

[quote user="Gardener"]Can you do your return on line? May be the form will be the other variety if you haven't had the letter that Jay has had.[/quote]I have just done mine.  It was interesting, because I cannot remember whether or not in previous years, I had to do the Section 8 ( "T" boxes ) myself, but this year the subject didn't even come up.  I declared our pensions in 1AS and 1BS as per and then that was it - no totalling up to do at all.  Anyway, very straightforward for me so that's it for another year.[:)]

Boy, totally confused with this year's declaration, or more to the point which forms I should be filling in.

Last year I have to confess to using an accountant to fill in our 2042 and 2047, this year I have decided to try and complete our return myself, but at the moment much confusion abounds.

To date I have only received the 2042 (live in 79, Bressuire office) 2047 yet to appear. I have been sent a 2042SK; last year the accountant used a straight 2042, with no added letters. Unfortunately this year I will have to declare some capital gains from share dealings in 2010, parsnips very kindly advised me as to which box I am to declare the gains in on another thread, which would be box 3VG, but on my 2042SK form this is no section 3! The form runs from section 1, 2 then 6 and 7, nothing in between! Even though the pages are numbered 1-4.

Questions: Is the 2042SK form the correct 2042 form I should have received, or have the authorities sent me the wrong form?

If in fact the 2042SK is the correct 2042 form, then where the ****** **** is box 3VG! Or more to the point where am I expected to declare my capital gains?

Should I have expected to receive my 2047 form with or without a letter by now? Or is it time to pay a visit to the tax office and request our form?

Help!

Hmm.  I'm looking at 2042K at the mo' and 3VG is certainly on that (2/3 of the way down P3) so maybe SK is wrong for you.

How about doing it on line?  You can go back and forth and get it right before pressing the button so it really isn't that daunting, honestly.[:)]

EDIT : We usually get 2047 first so maybe a call to the office if you don't fancy doing it on line would be an idea.

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Gardener"]Can you do your return on line? May be the form will be the other variety if you haven't had the letter that Jay has had.[/quote]I have just done mine.  It was interesting, because I cannot remember whether or not in previous years, I had to do the Section 8 ( "T" boxes ) myself, but this year the subject didn't even come up.  I declared our pensions in 1AS and 1BS as per and then that was it - no totalling up to do at all.  Anyway, very straightforward for me so that's it for another year.[:)][/quote]

Aren't the 1AS 1BS for French pensions not overseas ones?

The section 8 boxes on the blue form have always been there. The VI , VII and VIII on the pink form are all transposed into Section 8.

[quote user="Gardener"][quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Gardener"]Can you do your return on line? May be the form will be the other variety if you haven't had the letter that Jay has had.[/quote]I have just done mine.  It was interesting, because I cannot remember whether or not in previous years, I had to do the Section 8 ( "T" boxes ) myself, but this year the subject didn't even come up.  I declared our pensions in 1AS and 1BS as per and then that was it - no totalling up to do at all.  Anyway, very straightforward for me so that's it for another year.[:)][/quote] Aren't the 1AS 1BS for French pensions not overseas ones? The section 8 boxes on the blue form have always been there. The VI , VII and VIII on the pink form are all transposed into Section 8.[/quote]From the tax FAQ's (which I follow every year without problem):

Q         I have a UK non-public sector pension - how do I declare this?

A         Company pensions and the UK old age state pension are entered (gross) on form 2047 section I. PENSIONS, RETRAITES, RENTES.  The totals then go across to box AS/BS on the 2042.  

Obviously that doesn't apply if you have a public sector pension from Britain, but we haven't!

[quote user="Gardener"][quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Gardener"]Can you do your return on line? May be the form will be the other variety if you haven't had the letter that Jay has had.[/quote]I have just done mine.  It was interesting, because I cannot remember whether or not in previous years, I had to do the Section 8 ( "T" boxes ) myself, but this year the subject didn't even come up.  I declared our pensions in 1AS and 1BS as per and then that was it - no totalling up to do at all.  Anyway, very straightforward for me so that's it for another year.[:)][/quote] Aren't the 1AS 1BS for French pensions not overseas ones? The section 8 boxes on the blue form have always been there. The VI , VII and VIII on the pink form are all transposed into Section 8.[/quote]Sorry, me again.

What I meant to convey was that the T boxes didn't come up in my online declaration - yes they are on the forms but I don't use those as I do it electronically.

Thanks a lot for your reply coops.

If I fill in our return online how will I get on with any physical paperwork that the tax office may require? I will be claiming a tax credit for our new boiler we had installed in 2010, and may need to present some contract notes. Is it OK to complete online, then take any paperwork that may be required into the tax office separately?

Also is it possible to key in the phase regarding being in receipt of an E121, thus stopping social charges being taken from our pensions?

Lastly if I 'play around' online without hitting the submit button, and complete the form but not submit it, is it possible to print off the forms without submitting them? At least that way I will then be in possesion of the correct forms.

Sorry for all the questions.

Grecian

From memory, the 2042SK is a pre-completed simplified tax declaration so it's not the one you want.

You can either visit your tax office to get a plain 2042 or download one from the impots website.  Alternatively, you can make an online declaration.  If you do the latter, then you don't need to provide any supporting documentation (eg for your tax credits) but just retain them in case of a later tax audit.

Note that the 2011 2042 is not yet available for download but if you're stuck you can download the 2010 form and just alter the date on the front.....[;-)]

[quote user="Grecian"]Thanks a lot for your reply coops. If I fill in our return online how will I get on with any physical paperwork that the tax office may require? I will be claiming a tax credit for our new boiler we had installed in 2010, and may need to present some contract notes. Is it OK to complete online, then take any paperwork that may be required into the tax office separately? Also is it possible to key in the phase regarding being in receipt of an E121, thus stopping social charges being taken from our pensions? Lastly if I 'play around' online without hitting the submit button, and complete the form but not submit it, is it possible to print off the forms without submitting them? At least that way I will then be in possesion of the correct forms. Sorry for all the questions.[/quote]In his inimitable fashion, Mr Driver has answered most of this.

Can you do screen shots?  If so, then you can fill in your tax form on line, take a screen shot of each page, then move away from your submission before finalising it.  That way you'll have a copy of the thing which you can print out.[:)]

EDIT : Whether this is usable as an alternative to the paper form though, I'm not sure because, iirc, the on line submission only gives you the boxes you need, it doesn't take you through the entire form.

Thanks a lot SD and coops for your replies, the mists are now clearing on the tax form front, well slightly.

Just to get this straight in my head if I complete online then I do not supply any physical paperwork, in my case this year the receipt for the new boiler and contract notes for any capital gains/losses made? Although obviously file everything away for any future audit. If this is the case then I think 'having a go' completing online for the first time seems worth a shot. I think, or rather hope we have now done most of the 'firsts' in our new life here in France, and there any not many left to confront us, but I am sure something will manifest itself to throw us into confusion in the not too distant future.

Also just to confirm, I take it I can key in the sentence regarding being in receipt of an E121 online as well.

IIRC, there is a bit at the end for notes, where you could add the E121 info,  but I wouldn't swear to this in a court of law!S/D probably knows for sure! As regards the paperwork re your new boiler/cgt etc, then I'm sure you have it correctly.  Keep them on file and the chances are you will never need them.

Courage.[:)]

[quote user="Grecian"]Just to get this straight in my head if I complete online then I do not supply any physical paperwork, in my case this year the receipt for the new boiler and contract notes for any capital gains/losses made? Although obviously file everything away for any future audit. [/quote]

Correct - they'll ask for it if they want it.

Trust me.[8-|]

Slightly different question which I hope someone can answer. My friend in 61 (Orne) tells me that there is absolutely no return address on his Tax Form - this is his first and he doesn't know where to return it to.

I haven't looked at the form myself so can't vouch for the above but can you please advise where he would return the form to.

Thanks

laurier