!st time declaration online

tuppence

You have to go back to the "Revenue et Charges" stage because you have probably failed to tick the appropriate box on that page which brings up the No. 7 boxes.  The option to tick is under "Charges" about three quarters of the way down and says "Réductions et crédits d'impôt  " - tick that box and Roberta's your aunty.

You can press the back button and return to any stage you want whenever you want to before the final signature. Even then, you can also re-submit a return at any time in the future if you find you need to amend it.

Thanks Coops,

Done that one but they have worked my tax bill out at the stage where it is an assessment of said amount. However, I have never paid any tax since I lived here because they take 10% off my State Pension, and halve my annuity. Does the tax figure they estimate take these deductions into account do you know?  I have filled in the boxes as I did via the paper forms last year. And I have to fill in the 2047 form as well. Does that make a difference?  Sorry to be a pain but I really want to get this right.

tuppence

[quote user="tuppence"]Thanks Coops,

. Does the tax figure they estimate take these deductions into account do you know?  tuppence

[/quote]To be honest, no, not for sure.  However, I cannot imagine why not, because the calculation is quite straight forward.  Also, I know that those who have income taxed in the UK don't get an estimated figure at all, so I assume it only pops up if it's roughly correct. 

Have the laws on mortgage tax relief changed, perhaps?   I can figure out how to declare on line but for the finer points of tax law - you need an expert![:D]  (Plenty of those around here.[:)])

Thanks again Coops for your prompt reply. After all this palaver I reckon I'll go down to the Impots tomorrow with the completed (downloaded) forms its so much easier. I can't see why they would estimate my tax bill to be €375 when my income is only £435 more than last year!!!!! 

tuppence

Tuppence

If you are talking about the on-line summary of your declaration and the projected tax due, it is based on the information you've just entered so it has taken into account any deductions or allowances.

And yes, it is just an assessment - the definitive amount of tax due will be that shown on your paper tax avis.