Chateaux/Small Chateaux Identification

There is something weird in the first photo, if you do a google lens image search on it, the is some Sanskrit text inserted into the first dormer window on the left hand side ( light grey box, hover curser over, copy and paste into new google window).  દી  which apparently means day 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, betise said:

There is something weird in the first photo, if you do a google lens image search on it, the is some Sanskrit text inserted into the first dormer window on the left hand side ( light grey box, hover curser over, copy and paste into new google window).  દી  which apparently means day 

I cant see the weird thing that you are describing ??

I have spent enough time trying to track down this house. It is a needle in a haystack unless we have more info.

There is nothing in those photos that gives us a slightest clue.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I cant see the weird thing that you are describing ??

I have spent enough time trying to track down this house. It is a needle in a haystack unless we have more info.

There is nothing in those photos that gives us a slightest clue.

If I ever manage to find it I'll share it here. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Loiseau said:

I was about to post to say that the slate roof made the property look to be a bit farther north than the region suggested.

But this one https://properties.lefigaro.com/announces/chateau-lot-midi+pyrenees-france/52933854/ is near Cahors, and looks uncannily similar…

It does look similar. And it is not too far, still Occitanie and in reach from Toulouse. There is roughly 1 hour in between the 2 cities. 

54 minutes ago, Mihai said:

It does look similar. And it is not too far, still Occitanie and in reach from Toulouse. There is roughly 1 hour in between the 2 cities. 

The architecture of the house in question is quite unique. Look at the physical features.

They are your main clues.

If you google and click on images of such houses in and around Cahors they do tend to have the same characteristics !

Cahors is a good shout.

Edited by alittlebitfrench
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

The architecture of the house in question is quite unique. Look at the physical features.

If you google and click on images of such houses in and around Cahors they do tend to have the same characteristics !

Cahors is a good shout.

It is indeed. You might have just narrowed my area by a lot. Thanks. 

On 21/03/2023 at 14:53, alittlebitfrench said:

Cahors is a good shout.

@alittlebitfrench, by the way, do you know what is the name of those windows on the roof? Is there a specific name for that? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 12:13, Loiseau said:

I was about to post to say that the slate roof made the property look to be a bit farther north than the region suggested.

But this one https://properties.lefigaro.com/announces/chateau-lot-midi+pyrenees-france/52933854/ is near Cahors, and looks uncannily similar…

I think i have narrowed the area, however it is not towards Cahors. I have a clue unrelated to the photos that positions the building somewhere in the reagion of salies-de-bearn, east from Toulouse.