Advertising on Complete France forum

cajal

I use an ad-blocker, so I'm unaware of any ads. that might pop up unannounced on here. However, pop-ups, if any, don't appear to be the sole method of advertising your product/service within the forum.

You all will have, those of us who remain, noticed the influx of new people signing up on a daily basis for membership. I guess you will also have noticed that invariably these 'new members' rarely post on their own or other people's topics.The bottom line is that they, or a bot, sign up for purely advertising purposes via their forum profile page.

Advertising topics range from Cosmetic surgery in New Delhi, On-line professional assignment completion help in the USA, Walk through Metal detectors and X-ray baggage scanners in the UK to Hookers in Lajpat Nagar, New Dehili and Horny anonymous on line reviews.

This is information is openly available to all members and non-members to view and read on the Complete France forum member's profile page. Click on their name, photo or alphabet character on the 'Activity' page and underneath their 'Achievements' there are two tabs 'Activity' and 'About Me'. Select 'About Me' et voila. Here is what loveleenmalhotra ,who signed up on 23/02, is offering on their profile page

I broached this topic on the basis that a previously new and prolific poster had an inoffensive, I thought, gag pulled, and yet France Media Group accept and allow unsolicited advertising for any sort of service or product you happen to be peddling.

Now, I'm no prude or ever offended, but surely consistency and continuity should be a policy when owning and operating a public forum?

To be fair, maybe you should be aware that the gag was pulled by the mods., who also promptly remove posts containing advertising links as soon a they are aware of them, and that FMG is not responsible for the actions you complain about.

Edited by ssomon
Correct my grammar

On 26/02/2023 at 17:36, ssomon said:

Correct my grammar

OK, anything to oblige.😉

.....advertising links as soon a they.....

The letter 's' needs to be included, within the sentence, after the letter 'a' following the word 'soon'.🙂

.....and that FMG is not responsible for the actions you complain about.

It wasn't a complaint, but more of an observation regarding inconsistencies. As to forum responsibilities, I would suggest that FMG, a publishing organisation, are ultimately responsible for any post or action that takes place in the bounds of their forum.

If you had closer to normal intelligence you would know that "correct my grammar" was the reason for my edit, not an invitation for daft comments.

If your post was not a complaint, it certainly had every appearance of being one.

Idiots like you, who seem to spend their time looking for things to criticise rather than being constructive, are the prime reason for the mass abandonment of this and other forums.

Me, I've had enough.

Goodbye to all.

On 28/02/2023 at 18:49, ssomon said:

Idiots like you, who seem to spend their time looking for things to criticise rather than being constructive, are the prime reason for the mass abandonment of this and other forums.

Me, I've had enough.

Goodbye to all.

I see from another thread that you have returned already. So soon?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recollect that this is not the first occasion you have stuck one to the forum and done an exit stage left, only to return soon after your announced departure. Welcome back.

On 28/02/2023 at 18:49, ssomon said:

If your post was not a complaint, it certainly had every appearance of being one.

Nobody is blinder than the person who decides they do not want to see.

Not so long ago, a full width banner appeared at the top of my 'Activity' page headed 'Inappropriate Posts' and the message inside the banner reads.

We have had a couple of old type jokes concerning different nationalities. After some hesitation and a little reluctantly, I have decided to remove them as they could be considered racist in this modern world. Please avoid posting them in the future.

In addition, thank you again to those who draw attention to adverts, often hidden in messages. Much appreciated.

And therein lies the rub. The message states that people are 'drawing attention to adverts, often hidden in messages'. I include myself in that statement.

In my original post, I made the point that most new members are using this platform to avail themselves to free advertising.  They provide links to their various sites, albeit not specifically in a forum post, but via their forum profile pages. Yet these advertisers still remain and the list of subscribers continues to grow daily.

Now, if the owners of this site deem it acceptable to advertise 'call-girl services' and fail to remove 'eye – candy' of this nature and allow links to 'gambling' sites, then so be it. It is their playground and therefore their rules.

I am again suggesting, not to be confused with complaining, that there ought to be consistency, continuity and a move towards the dumping of these rogue advertisers. It would also go a long way towards the tidying up of the Activity page, which quite frankly is presented as a complete illegible shambles. This could be achieved by those involved in the running of the site implementing their directives and removing the membership of the offending people/companies. However, here I must bow to your superior intelligence whether this suggestion would be a viable solution. 😀