Scam alert

NickP

I received and E/Mail this morning claiming to be from Assurance Maladie, saying someone had made a connection with my account the previous evening, with the usual click here request. When I get things like this I always check the sending address, it was non-reply assurance Maladie. The body of the E/Mail had all the same graphics as the genuine site, but, me being a suspicious old git opened my browser, went to the Ameli site and logged in as normal, sure enough no messages for me. She who must be obeyed said, Oh there was a article in the The Connexion about this. Now, there is more chance of a Liverpool supporter reading the Sun newspaper as me reading the Connexion, but for once they maybe got it right. So just from me; a warning about this scam, it looked incredibly genuine. Be careful folks.

Why would there be a message for you? They do not put a message in your account every time you log in. They just send an alert that there has been a connection. Often you just log in to check something, you do not make a request that involves sending and receiving messages so there will be no message. This is the text of the email that is triggered by a log in. There is no click here link. If yours is identical and you did not log in, then if I was you I would change my password. But if yours is different and it has a click here link then it will be a scam.

http://extra1.ameli.fr/compte-as/images_ads/spacer.gif
Bonjour,
Une connexion à votre compte ameli a eu lieu le mercredi 21 septembre 2022 à 14:14 (heure de Paris).
Si vous n'êtes pas à l'origine de cette connexion, veuillez en informer rapidement votre Caisse d'Assurance Maladie et modifier votre mot de passe du compte ameli.
Attention, cet email est généré par un automate. Ne pas utiliser la fonctionnalité "répondre à".
Merci de votre confiance.
Votre Caisse d'Assurance Maladie

Sorry, I missed the bit where you proved it. (Because the fact there was no message in your account proves zip, except that you have no new messages.)

Dear oh dear. Sorry for trying to help.

(If had noticed the name and remembered you, obviously I wouldn't have bothered.)

Edited by EuroTr@sh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/02/2023 at 13:06, EuroTr@sh said:

Sorry, I missed the bit where you proved it. (Because the fact there was no message in your account proves zip, except that you have no new messages.)

Dear oh dear. Sorry for trying to help.

(If had noticed the name and remembered you, obviously I wouldn't have bothered.)

Lots of scams in France ET. A day does not go by when we have an email for this that or the other to get money out of us.

I had one last week for a supposed unpaid speeding fine. The link was correct….or it looked correct. But it was a scam.

Nick P is correct for highlighting such things.

Dangerous place is France. 

Keep on your toes my friends.

I have never been scamed, not to say I never will, but it is unlikely. People are scammed because they are far too casual with details they give out and  not studying anything they receive properly and probably most of all they use credit and debit cards with gay abandon and rarely check statements etc. I have little or no sympathy for people who are scammed. It  costs me money when banks or anyone else pays these idiots compensation for their neglect !!!! Yes keep on your toes!!!! A forlorn hope though with most people expecting compensation!!! Nothing to be done about dimwits I'm afraid!

Very jolly in fact! I do accept your comment in the way it was meant though. Incidentally I try never to use  a debit card, almost impossible these days of course. Always have cash on me. As for a credit card!! Never!  

4 hours ago, Ken said:

I have never been scamed, not to say I never will, but it is unlikely. People are scammed because they are far too casual with details they give out and  not studying anything they receive properly and probably most of all they use credit and debit cards with gay abandon and rarely check statements etc. I have little or no sympathy for people who are scammed. It  costs me money when banks or anyone else pays these idiots compensation for their neglect !!!! Yes keep on your toes!!!! A forlorn hope though with most people expecting compensation!!! Nothing to be done about dimwits I'm afraid!

Ok, I'll bite.  "Idiots" "dimwits" really?

Like you, I very much doubt that I will ever been scammed, but I do have sympathy for those, perhaps much older and less computer savvy, who fall prey to scammers.

• Like 1