Declaration of property

We all have to make a declaration of property occupied and or owned which you can do via your personal tax page; just click on immobilier at the top of the page and it will get you there. For most, no change and very easy to do, just a click.

This applies to second home folks as well as expats.

More tightening up I guess.

• Thanks 1

Thanks AB for the warning and I have made a start. The first hurdle for me, as a UK based, secondaire owner is to set up a personal fiscal number. I have just made an application to register so that I can gain access to the appropriate forms.

I will report back if I make any progress.

I read it was to work out who would pay taxe d'hab this year .. as it is removed for all main homes.  Seceondary home owners and those with empty properties will still have to pay taxe d'hab, at least as far as I read it. To be done befoe the end of June it said, and most can do it when they do their tax returns, it also said.

"I dont see how this applies to 2nd home owners unless they are renting their place(s) out?"

"Does this really mean all second home owners now have to create an impots account and submit a declaration?"

All maison secondaire property owners of any nationality will be required to pay taxe d'habitiation, which has been abolished for resident property owners.

It will also be used to track down the Carte de Sejour fraudsters who declared that they were resident to obtain a CDS when living in their maison secondaire, who did this to avoid the 90/180 day rule after brexit.

But will there be any attempt to retrospectively claw back taxe d'hab from those who have avoided paying it in the past?

4 hours ago, Harnser said:

"I dont see how this applies to 2nd home owners unless they are renting their place(s) out?"

"Does this really mean all second home owners now have to create an impots account and submit a declaration?"

All maison secondaire property owners of any nationality will be required to pay taxe d'habitiation, which has been abolished for resident property owners.

It will also be used to track down the Carte de Sejour fraudsters who declared that they were resident to obtain a CDS when living in their maison secondaire, who did this to avoid the 90/180 day rule after brexit.

But will there be any attempt to retrospectively claw back taxe d'hab from those who have avoided paying it in the past?

This has nothing to do with Brits, CDS’s or Brexit. LOL

This is more to do with towns/cities across France (Baritiz is a good example) that are full of ‘French’ second homes and all the problems it causes. Not contributing and pushing house prices in the area etc. This issue has been on the TV quite a lot recetly. No one is mentioning Brits. 

I think it is quite fair for owners of second homes to contrbute more. 

Same problem in the UK in Cornwall and other such places.

6 hours ago, Harnser said:

Thousands of second home owners are non resident so don't have a tax account and it's unclear whether they now have to create one or not, as a matter of course they will be paying taxe d'habitation already. 

We started ours yesterday.  It has 5 sections to fill in as we live in an apartment. The "arrière cuisine" is counted as a separate space, as are the two parking spaces.  What has me stuck is the section "Elément de pur agrément"  a whole 7sq m which, at moment, I don't understand. (there is no communal swimming pool or play area).  Will need to speak to the neighbours unless someone here has the same thing and can explain.

What does baffle me is the notification of this.  We have received nothing from the Impôts to say this needs to be done.  Have seen it in my French news feeds.  Cannot see a paper option either, which will flummox some of the non internet folks.

Done by June or 135€ fine!

44 minutes ago, Lehaut said:

What has me stuck is the section "Elément de pur agrément"  a whole 7sq m which, at moment, I don't understand. (there is no communal swimming pool or play area).  Will need to speak to the neighbours unless someone here has the same thing and can 

Do you have a cave ?

Or maybe it is the communial bin area ?

Place where peeps keep their cycles ?

We had all those in our last flat.

1 hour ago, Lehaut said:

What does baffle me is the notification of this.  We have received nothing from the Impôts to say this needs to be done.  Have seen it in my French news feeds.  Cannot see a paper option either, which will flummox some of the non internet folks.

Quite, only thing I saw about was in Connexion.  As it happens, I had been on the impots site last week to check something else entirely unrelated to this, and saw nothing on there about it all .. in fact I have yet to find out where the form is hidden, even if unintentially.  So, yes, much more could be done to publicise this.  I have no problem with the action itself, but it is somewhat stupid, unless it is really a hidden money maker, to keep it so secret.

2 hours ago, Lehaut said:

We started ours yesterday.  It has 5 sections to fill in as we live in an apartment. The "arrière cuisine" is counted as a separate space, as are the two parking spaces.  What has me stuck is the section "Elément de pur agrément"  a whole 7sq m which, at moment, I don't understand. (there is no communal swimming pool or play area).  Will need to speak to the neighbours unless someone here has the same thing and can explain.

Lehaut, if you are already doing your tax forms, why not use your secure messagerie to ask the impôts people?

It's a bit early for me to do my déclaration but that's what I intend to do if I still don't know by the time I do get on to do it.

5 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

This has nothing to do with Brits, CDS’s or Brexit. LOL

This is more to do with towns/cities across France (Baritiz is a good example) that are full of ‘French’ second homes and all the problems it causes. Not contributing and pushing house prices in the area etc. This issue has been on the TV quite a lot recetly. No one is mentioning Brits. 

I think it is quite fair for owners of second homes to contrbute more. 

Same problem in the UK in Cornwall and other such places.

"This has nothing to do with Brits, CDS’s or Brexit. LOL"

As this is a brit forum - oh yes it is to do with brits!

3 hours ago, Harnser said:

"This has nothing to do with Brits, CDS’s or Brexit. LOL"

As this is a brit forum - oh yes it is to do with brits!

Yes…it concerns Brtish who own property in France.

But the new rules have nothing to do with British owning a property in France. The rules were not invented for them. There is a big wide world in France that extends beyond a few Brit peeps who own property in France. A big wide scary world. A very scary world.

That is the point I am making.

Sometimes I fink the British think the world revolves around them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...