paper driving license

menthe

I understood that the "old" pink paper license is valid until 2033.  Can someone confirm the correctness of this?

Looking through the info on my paper license, I cannot see how long it is valid for but I am sure that this date of 2033 is written somewhere.

If you know anything about this, could you please tell me?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Harnser, 15 years for credit card format licenses and until 19 Jan 2033 for paper onces.  Paper ones only need to be changed if disintegrated or otherwise unusable.

I'll find the link again if you wish it but it's easy just googling (google.fr) and you will arrive at the government vos droits site.

Menthe, quite right, I hadn't added the years up, but just checked mine and so it is.  Mixing it up with WARC cards, and no doubt the UK one, which, in fact, as I had a paper one, I never did need to change, until I got to the magic age when we all turn into the age at which the authorities believe we become incapable, and had to change it!

Edited by Judith

Ha! ha!  Don't talk about the years passing, Judith because, thinking about all this stuff as I go through the process of changing our insurer, I am now wondering whether, in the 11 years or so before 2033, I shall still be driving?  Of course, that is assuming that I shall still be alive?

Have this month renewed my passport.  Actually, the photos between old and new do not look that different, apart from the hair (rather thinner, shorter, etc).  So I should be well content ...blue passport and bendy bananas....what more can I want?😝

• Like 1