notary fees on sale price including or excluding agency fees?

Hello,

We are looking to put in an offer on a house in Brittany dep 22

The sale is trough an agency and I think they ask 7% (I am not sure since the asking price is including the agency fees)

If we come to a compromis and have to pay the notaire fees, will it be on the total price including the agency fees or excluding the fees?

How much would notaire fees be on 120.000 euro? Does it make a difference if you pay everything cash since we do need a mortgage and so do not have to pay the mortgage fees?

the asking price is now 139.000 euro including agency fees, the agent told me they are willing to take less as they want to sell. what would a reasonable offer be? Do we make an offer including agency fees or without?

Thanks for all the help!

The agent will tell you what the notaire's fees will be.

Their commission rates will be displayed in their office. Your offer should include the agency fees as it's up to the agent and seller to agree the net vendeur price between them.

We've just put our house up for sale and, in return for letting them be the only agent for the present (but not an excusive agency agreement) they have reduced their standard fees somewhat. It's tough doing business out there.  [6]

The notaire's fees are on a scale and I am sure someone will be along to give you the scale.  And no, the agency fees are taken out before calculating the notaire's fees.

Bear in mind that the notaire's fees include things like stamp duty and they are, of course, fixed and non negotiable.

As for the agent's fees, it depends.  If he/she is an independent agent, they might reduce their fee but, if I were you, I'd just make sure my offer included the agent's fee and then it's up to the sellers to negotiate with the agent.

I speak with some certainty on this because we have only last week had an agent telling us what the client would accept and what his own fees would be.  I haven't exactly told him to go fly a kite but I am sorely tempted.

In any case, proceed with extreme caution and Good Luck!

If it helps, when we bought, just over six years ago, I made an offer through the Immobilier. The figure I gave was to include ALL fees, agent and notaire.  This was accepted and, obviously the sellers and the agent came to an agreement as to how the money was to be divided between them. I.e.  They adjusted their price and he his fee.

The notaires fees were, of course, not negotiable but the immobilier was able to calculate how much they would be from the published scales and advise the seller accordingly.

You can use this website to make the calculation for the notaires fees:

http://www.paris.notaires.fr/frais_mut_ecran1.php

If the house is more than 5 years old I would allow between 10,000 and 11,000 Euros for the legal expenses. the precise amount will depend on how large the mortgage is, assuming it's a French mortgage. If you borrow in the UK secured against a UK property the French fees would be around 9,000 euros.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

If the house is more than 5 years old I would allow between 10,000 and 11,000 Euros for the legal expenses. the precise amount will depend on how large the mortgage is, assuming it's a French mortgage. If you borrow in the UK secured against a UK property the French fees would be around 9,000 euros.

[/quote]

We are not taking a mortgage, we are paying cash. Would that make a difference for legal expenses?

I am happy to hear that the agency fees will be deducted before the notaire fees :)

thanks