Computer says "No"

Lehaut

I ordered 4 new tyres from Leclerc Auto on line when they had a special offer for mounting and balancing.  Offer ended 5 Nov I ordered on 4 Nov, tyres delivered 8 Nov for fitting yesterday, 15 Nov.  I paid for the tyres on line.  Turned up at the fitting centre to face a bill over 3 times the original offer fitting charge.  Remonstrated with the staff to be told that "we work from catalogue to catalogue" and that the offer you bought the tyres under is finished.  The "infomatique" will not let us produce the special offer bill.  I returned to my seat chuntering "arnaque" loudly.  I set to scrolling through all the emails I had received about the tyres to find one with the original tariff.  Much reassured I returned to the desk where the manager was produced, who again explained catalogue to catalogue, web purchase being different to centre purchases etc.  I presented their own email with the tariff, and lo and behold, their argument collapsed, the computer would be manually altered and my bill was reduced.

Grump over!

Well done, Lehaut!

I have decided that I will not buy from Leclerc online ever again.  Used to Amazon, I felt confident in  buying an iron centrale vapeur on offer online with Leclerc, without so much as thinking that the customer service would be inferior to Amazon's.

Had no end of problems with the sending.  The offer included delivery to your nearest Leclerc, so I put down for delivery address the Leclerc 6 km from my home.  But the iron was delivered to a branch 40 km away.  I was damned if I was going to do a special trip to collect an iron.

After many protests, the iron did get delivered to my local branch, the one I had chosen for delivery.

But, when I wanted to return the iron, I was told I couldn't simply take it to the shop.  I was to send it, at my own expense, back to Leclerc online.

You'd appreciate that an iron is a heavy object and I was nervous about the cost of postage.  Also I had just left hospital unable to use my arms and had arranged an aide domicile.  I bought the iron specifically to make the task of ironing easier and so I conceded that the easiest option was just to keep it.

All in all, not a happy experience for me.

• Like 1

Leclerc, as far as we are concerned, are basically dishonest.

A couple of years ago we ordered 10 x 20 litre bidons of petrole for our heaters from our local LeClerc.

Ordered and paid for on their "Drive" system in the evening, pick it up the next day, all shown in stock.

We go to pick it up, they bring four out - "we haven't got any more" - but we've paid for 10 so can we have our money back?

"No - we just put your money on your loyalty card"

So we have to buy their stuff from their shop to get our money back!!!

Somehow or other that has to be against some sort of law.

Blimey, what a bunch of moaning 'place in the sun' Brits 😄

I have told you before, it is dog eat dog in France. It has and will always be the same. 

I reckon right, with all the stuff we order online, in shops, paying bills, insurance, schooling, school meals, taxes bla bla bla etc etc.....we must get back I dunno...100 euros a month with OH fighting against overcharging.

The latest one being charged 'x' amount of gas in in July and August this year. The problem being we were not living in the house and the GAS WAS TURNED OFF FOR **** SAKE. LOl.

But there is more work to do. The next one will be La Poste charging taxes on a item sent from the UK the other day that cost more than the item itself. 😗

There is not enough time in the day to sort out all this misery of incompetence.

But it is the same for everyone. 

That is why France is on strike everyday. 

You just get ripped off in France. 

But hay Brits, you got a cheap house. Enjoy the sun....in 40 degrees heat 😀

Edited by alittlebitfrench

ALBF you are right, it seems every big company seems to do the bare minimum and it is up to you, the customer, to check everything.  OTIS do the maintenance in our residences lifts.  They left the light on in the maintenance pit and were called back to turn it off.  They billed us €120 call out fee for rectifying their mistake.  Luckily we have two people on the CS who enjoy combing through all the bills for find this sort of thing.

It is very sad.  You have to persevere though.

"But there is more work to do. The next one will be La Poste charging taxes on a item sent from the UK the other day that cost more than the item itself. "

Will be interested to see how this pans out.  The post here just asks you for, what seems to be, an arbitrary amount of cash (post person who delivers does not have a hand terminal) or you have to go to the office (normally "fermeture exceptionelle" when you get there) and no proof of calculation or receipt.

2 hours ago, Lehaut said:

"But there is more work to do. The next one will be La Poste charging taxes on a item sent from the UK the other day that cost more than the item itself. "

Will be interested to see how this pans out.  The post here just asks you for, what seems to be, an arbitrary amount of cash (post person who delivers does not have a hand terminal) or you have to go to the office (normally "fermeture exceptionelle" when you get there) and no proof of calculation or receipt.

Avoiding these payments at your front gate is easy.

Don't buy from companies who are not registered with the iOSS scheme.

https://taxation-customs.ec.europa.eu/ioss_en

Or who don't/won't ship your parcel DDP - (delivery duty paid)

https://www.ups.com/us/en/supplychain/insights/knowledge/glossary-term/delivered-duty-paid.page

If La Poste try to charge you a "bung" when parcels are shipped using either of the above schemes it's a scam. 

• Like 1

You are welcome to request that your US contact lense supplier use either scheme, but unless they do a lot of business with customers in eu countries I doubt they will want to get involved.

When the IOSS scheme started I volunteered to be a guinea pig for a shipment from my trusted engineering supplier in the UK, they would reimburse me if it went wrong.

It did go wrong, DHL messed up, they didn't read the parcel codes correctly and I paid vat and duty twice which the supplier settled with me as promised.

Subsequent shipments have worked ok.

As far as I know with IOSS, a supplier has to register with every country that they want to ship to within the EU separately, a typical EU nonsense paper chase. It took my supplier months of computer work to adapt his online shop to work with the IOSS system - and the owner of the business was  previously a computer systems analyst!

For instance Amazon are using the IOSS scheme,  so it's really for companies doing a lot of business with customers in the EU.

The other scheme, Delivery Duty Paid I don't know about, it seems to be the shipping company that does it, but worth trying.

Edited by Harnser

Interesting, going back to  2009!  I have not had an issue with them, having ordered from them 3 times before.  Only the last order.  Still, I have not been able to source another company doing the hard lenses I have been wearing without a problem for about 40 years, so will just have to suck it up :).