Cheaper to fill your car up before next tuesday.

Harnser

If you drive a car in France, it may be a good idea to fill it up in the next few days, before the government’s 30-cent-per-litre discount is reduced to 10 cents per litre after next Tuesday (November 15).

The 20-cent-per-litre discount being applied at TotalEnergies petrol stations will also drop to 10 cents per litre on this date.

16 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

Am I right in thinking that the cost of gas and electricity will rise sharply from 1 st January when the price is no longer held down? One to watch, maybe.

Leccy is scheduled to go up by 15% in February as far as I know - don't know about gas, ours comes out of a bottle for cooking only.

Tempo is on offer again.

1 hour ago, Judith said:

Is it still cheaper Ken.  Last time I did in the summer when I was near  Girona, it certainly was not cheaper than here!

Trust me, Yes. The difference was much reduced by the subsidies the French applied but of course that will soon change. I also have a 'fidelity' card with Repsol which gives a discount. A garage cheaper still on the Frontier is Avia but as we have a card for Repsol we get a better rate there. There is yet another garage at the same place, Cepsa; which is always empty because the price of fuel is considerably higher than the other two. How it has remained in business is a mystery.

All in all at the Dancharia frontier there Five Petrol stations, all vying for business and always full of French registered cars.  Yes, it is cheaper. My car has quite a thirst and a large tank so usually I'm putting in around 80-90 ltrs. 

8 hours ago, Ken said:

Trust me, Yes. The difference was much reduced by the subsidies the French applied but of course that will soon change. I also have a 'fidelity' card with Repsol which gives a discount. A garage cheaper still on the Frontier is Avia but as we have a card for Repsol we get a better rate there. There is yet another garage at the same place, Cepsa; which is always empty because the price of fuel is considerably higher than the other two. How it has remained in business is a mystery.

All in all at the Dancharia frontier there Five Petrol stations, all vying for business and always full of French registered cars.  Yes, it is cheaper. My car has quite a thirst and a large tank so usually I'm putting in around 80-90 ltrs. 

Interesting, though I'm at the "other border" side, comng from Languedoc .. I've got to fill up on the way, so will know the price for the return .. my "new" car seems pretty good, so far, at least for fuel ...

I passed our local (small - just two pumps) Intermarche filling station at 16.00 today.

Didn’t need fuel - filled up 4 days ago.

There was a queue there of 8+ or so cars.  OK, some would have been nearly empty I’ll concede, but more than a few were queueing for (maybe) half an hour in order to save 20-30 c on (let’s say) 25 - 30 litres of fuel.

Beats the hell out of me.

14 hours ago, Gardian said:

I passed our local (small - just two pumps) Intermarche filling station at 16.00 today.

Didn’t need fuel - filled up 4 days ago.

There was a queue there of 8+ or so cars.  OK, some would have been nearly empty I’ll concede, but more than a few were queueing for (maybe) half an hour in order to save 20-30 c on (let’s say) 25 - 30 litres of fuel.

Beats the hell out of me.

You can do what you want to do.

Everybody else can do what they want to do.

How long this freedom will continue is anybody's guess as Macron is now cosying up to Xi Jinping of the CCP.

Renault has also announced a joint venture with Geely.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/renault-chinas-geely-announced-powertrain-061740323.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABPccb_tjxhATiGJby7VTmD59mAi3kRAhS5AgjwFi2SDquFJJQ7KZ6yLk6v25RpQ1XSF5Od9PnW34GKsURF5EsLX1zcqeIqR4EYzeUHpKSla_M7k5VHoHp7OeFx6m8oGbrijB8ssdr7Y7LrWoP3xXdp-HuTaZ6edgqjykW29ssVi

17 hours ago, Harnser said:

You can do what you want to do.

Everybody else can do what they want to do.

How long this freedom will continue is anybody's guess as Macron is now cosying up to Xi Jinping of the CCP.

Renault has also announced a joint venture with Geely.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/renault-chinas-geely-announced-powertrain-061740323.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABPccb_tjxhATiGJby7VTmD59mAi3kRAhS5AgjwFi2SDquFJJQ7KZ6yLk6v25RpQ1XSF5Od9PnW34GKsURF5EsLX1zcqeIqR4EYzeUHpKSla_M7k5VHoHp7OeFx6m8oGbrijB8ssdr7Y7LrWoP3xXdp-HuTaZ6edgqjykW29ssVi

The hypocrisy across the board is quite staggering. I read that two thirds of Christmas cards sold in the U.K are made in China. The average person will say we should 'do something' about China, then goes out and buys their products!! The motor industry all the way down to cups and saucers, all made in China! Their market share is mind blowing! Politicians will do what ever is necessary to boost their popularity and if it means cosying up to China or Russia they will. France, in any event is only doing what Germany has already done!