ExpressVPN and Samsung TV

We've been happily watching UK TV via Freesat for years, but recently the start of renovations on the chateau ruins opposite the house have resulted in scaffolding so complex and large (and on top of a 30+ meter cliff) that we have completely lost signal from the satellite.  So I'm looking at internet options for UK TV. 

Unfortunately our TV is a Samsung and I cannot install a VPN directly, so today I tried using the Smart DNS facility to use Express VPN, but can't seem to get it to work at all - even worse it prevents Netflix and Prime Video apps from functioning.  Has anybody here managed to use Express VPN on a Samsung TV and if so, how?

Any other suggestions gratefully received as the restoration work will be ongoing until next April - which of course means May, or June or....

Any PC, portable or fixed, connected via an HDMI cable to your TV with (in our case Nord VPN) running will allow you to use the TV as a computer "monitor".   Thus being able to watch any UK channel.  I have the basic Amazon Fire Stick on which I have installed Nord VPN (there is an app, possible also for Express VPN too).  This also allows you to watch UK TV and Prime videos too.  The interface is a bit clunky, but you get there eventually.

As a last resort, install the VPN on your phone, connect then either cast or mirrorcast/miracast (systems depend on your phone set up, whether your TV has Chromecast etc) to your TV.  

Thanks for that Lehaut, I'll have a go. 

I assume your Fire Stick is plugged directly into the TV and replaces the need for the PC/cable - is that correct?  Do you know if that would affect my current Prime and Netflix apps?

One other thought I had was to maybe look at an IPTV streaming service - anybody any experience of using one of those here in France?

Thanks again Lehaut

We only use the Firestick when we are away on holiday.  It does plug directly into one of the HDMI sockets in the back of the TV. It also comes with a small HDMI extension cable as some HDMI sockets are too deep for the 'stick.  It can be powered either by a USB port on the TV, or if that does not have sufficient power, the provided charger.  You can log onto the Firestick using your normal Amazon/BBC I Player passwords.  That has not affected us using Amazon Prime/BBC I Player at home.  We don't use Netflix, so cannot comment on that.