Lunchtime electric water heating will be stopped.

Harnser

From October 15 and until April 15, customers who benefit from a peak hour/off-peak hour tariff will see their cumulus( hot water ballon) in operation at night only, and not during the day. It is therefore the 4.3 million customers in France who recharge their water heater during these hours who are directly concerned.

This temporary suspension “will save the equivalent of 2.5 GW at 12:30 p.m. and 1 GW at 1 p.m.,” Enedis explains to BFMTV .

The Linky meter cannot detect what type of device is active in the house, it does not differentiate between a television or a computer. But it can disconnect “the automatic switching signal for controlled electrical uses”, explains Enedis. The water heater falls into this category.

https://actu.orange.fr/france/crise-energetique-des-ballons-d-eau-chaude-coupes-a-partir-du-15-octobre-magic-CNT000001T7SJT.html

Hmm, not sure about this, the Linky *could* stop the switching to heures creuses during the day (for those that have this) so anything (such as a water heater) that usually works only during HC would not work, but these type of switches can always be put into "forced" mode.  The tariff would not be the same though.

Unless someone who knows more about this than me could explain?

The telecommand relay that controls the circuit that the washing machine is powered up by, normally has three available selections available for you   

OFF     MAN    AUTO

According to this news about Linky interfering with the signal to switch on your hot water heating st the lunchtime period, you  need to select MAN  = "manual" to switch it on at the lunchtime period, but then you need to remember to switch it back to AUTO = "automatic" to catch the evening heating period which linky will not interfere with.

The difference in the tariff pleine/creuse is not stated.

Edited by Harnser

17 hours ago, Harnser said:

you  need to select MAN  = "manual" to switch it on at the lunchtime period, but then you need to remember to switch it back to AUTO = "automatic" to catch the evening heating period which linky will not interfere with.

Our switch switches back to "auto" automatically after it has been in manual mode, but perhaps older installations are different?

Harnser here is an article about the subject.  It updates the idea since my first read.  It seems to talk about putting boxes "en veille" if it detects it is not being used. Bit like the screen on your computer going to standby if it is not being used.

https://www.bfmtv.com/tech/actualites/plan-de-sobriete-le-gouvernement-veut-inciter-a-reduire-la-consommation-des-box-internet_AN-202210060307.html

If your question means a separate router on the system, I don't know.  We have the standard 2.4gh router that came with our Free box, then a separate 5gh router attached to the Free one.  We did this as we have most of the lights and heating on smart plugs, Kasa, controlled from a Google home or Kasa app. Thus the wifi is on all the time.  So if you are using a personal router connected to a supplied one, I would not think they could put it on stand by.

I have connected the two routers to a routine on a smart switch.  The are turned off from 2230 till 0800 which has reduced considerable their usage.  Our phone 4g contracts are so huge for such a small price that I often don't use the wifi in the house!