Is your car worth saving from a shotgun?

55 minutes ago, Martin963 said:

It's funny how we distinguish between the suffering of a mouse (cute) and a rat (less cute).     One of our three chats d'origine francais proudly brought in a large dead rat to the bedroom a few nights ago and was roundly congratulated.    I daresay the rat was less happy with the situation.  

Exactly! What does that say about us? I had rats as pets when living in London!! People and their take on life is the problem, as I have found here!!!

10 hours ago, ssomon said:

I've heard it said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

It is, however, a form of wit. In its true form, as quoted by Oscar Wilde.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.  This would seem to count you out then. 😄

• Like 1

There is more actually. Sarcasm being a form of wit is to make a someone aware of their own lack of knowledge or understanding on a given subject. Of course a certain level of intelligence is required to understand this and it is why sarcasm usually descends into acrimony!!

1 hour ago, Ken said:

There is more actually. Sarcasm being a form of wit is to make a someone aware of their own lack of knowledge or understanding on a given subject. Of course a certain level of intelligence is required to understand this and it is why sarcasm usually descends into acrimony!!

I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

• Haha 1