using viamichelin

menthe

Being one of those so-called dinosaurs who is not in possession of a smartphone, I normally use viamichelin to plot out my journeys.  Even more dinosaur-like, I regularly have to drive to  places in order to then take part in the very untechnical pursuit of walking.

Tried to find an itinerary today and found from the viamichelin site that it is now necessary to open an account to access information.  Happily, lots of other sites that will obligingly provide itineraries.

Are there no organisations out there anymore who will provide a service without collecting personal data and targetting you with unwanted ads and trying to sell you stuff?

Menthe, I have MAC and ipad etc, and thre is a map app on there which will produce itinieraries .. not alsways possibel to put much info in, start and finish, but it does provide 2 or three route options, with timings .. which have to be taken with some degree of salt, but it gives you a ball park timing at least. 

Maybe you have such an app on your computer??  Worth looking anyway, and there are still free apps for navigation, if you can put  with adverts, which I just ignore.

Bonne chance.

We have navigated from the Artic circle to Croatia on HERE maps downloaded onto an Android phone.  The biggest advantage for us, apart from no data share, adverts, cost etc is the ability to download maps onto your phone. This is a big plus if you have only a limited data plan or you are traveling in a country that your data plan does not work in.  Its owned by Nokia amongst others.