The Funeral.

anotherbanana

Indeed !

For me, the blokes who deserve a medal (and certainly a stiff drink tonight) are the bearer party of eight guardsmen and two officers.

The scope for a dodgy wobble (or worse!) was enormous, with the worst bit at the end having to go up several flights of steps to the Windsor Chapel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been unable to stop watching, everyone did the nation proud.  Agree about the bearer party, the naval ratings did a splendid job with an awkward load too, and seeing George and Charlotte behaving impecably did my heart good. 

I found the coffin descending suddenly a little scary too, until I remembered it did that with Prince Philip's coffin too.

Been very proud to be British today.

• Like 1

A wholly appropriate and dignified day.    Like others I thought the little heirs behaved so well,   no doubt largely because Princess Katherine is real quality in everything she says and does.  

My only gripe was the use of "Holy Spirit" rather than "Holy Ghost" throughout the litany.    For the D of E it was "Ghost",   and I'm sure he would have carefully and firmly stipulated that in his wishes.    I'm only sorry that the Queen didn't!  😀

May Her Majesty rest in peace.

Edited by Martin963
  • Like 1