Message to my would-be hacker

menthe

Alas, yes, even here in the sanctuary of our Forum (which has become as comfortable as a set of old clothes to some of us), hackers are alive and er....well, hacking or at least trying to.

Thanks to Archant's security department, I was alerted to attempts by someone to sign on as me.  So, the purpose of this message is to reply to the pretend Menthe and to warn everyone else to be vigilant.

Strangely or perhaps coincidentally, there has been a recent attempt to hack into my bank acccount.  Well, I foiled that one and now here Archant has foiled this one.

So, whoever you are, Hacker, you have been rumbled; we are on to you and you had better stop pretending to be me.  Oh, and don't believe all those old chestnuts about my fabulous chateau-in-the-air or the suspicion that I once owned a mint.  None of that is true and you are wasting your time for nothing.

OTOH, if it would amuse you to try your tricks on me again, Happy Hacking and you have my sympathy for the hours and hours of frustration that will be your reward😝