Exchange licence (Autumn '22)

Gyn_Paul

17 hours ago, Gyn_Paul said:

Anyone with a UK licence with less than 6 months on the clock managed to get a straight swap out of Nantes recently? I've just noticed I've only got 4 weeks left on mine Yikes!!

I seem to remember that if it's valid UK licence and you apply to ANTS online to exchange it it for a french permis you will get in return an official document that confirms to the gendarmes or police that your licence is in the process of being exchanged and they are not to arrest you.

8 hours ago, Harnser said:

I seem to remember that if it's valid UK licence and you apply to ANTS online to exchange it it for a french permis you will get in return an official document that confirms to the gendarmes or police that your licence is in the process of being exchanged and they are not to arrest you.

My wife received her letter yesterday, its in two parts, first one, you photo-copy your UK licence, both sides and attach the copies to the letter, this you keep to show the police if they ask for them. Second one, you send back along with your original UK licence. Its alleged you then wait a long time for your French permis. 😄