Dead!!!

Ken

14 minutes ago, Riggers said:

Riggers is fine

I'm so glad to have cleared that up. May I be presumptuous and say I believe you are a woman then and not somewhere, or something, in between? Could be a subject for another thread actually! My views on gender bending are something that would make a kettle boil!!!

5 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

I'd rather chat about real life topics such as climate change and it's affect on our future lives.

Me too.

I reckon the world, planet Earth, humanity has reached its end. The clock is ticking. We are all doomed. Give it maybe 10 years before we are all extinct. 

Or is that just daft 24hr news outlets trying to sell us bad news ? 

Like, I went to London this weekend and everything was fine. But if I read the daily mail life is not fine in London. I should have been stabbed to death.

Yet, everyone was happy, spending money and basically life was normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken said:

I'm so glad to have cleared that up. May I be presumptuous and say I believe you are a woman then and not somewhere, or something, in between? Could be a subject for another thread actually! My views on gender bending are something that would make a kettle boil!!!

I prefer androginy on forums

14 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Me too.

I reckon the world, planet Earth, humanity has reached its end. The clock is ticking. We are all doomed. Give it maybe 10 years before we are all extinct. 

Or is that just daft 24hr news outlets trying to sell us bad news ? 

Like, I went to London this weekend and everything was fine. But if I read the daily mail life is not fine in London. I should have been stabbed to death.

Yet, everyone was happy, spending money and basically life was normal.

Did you go to Notting Hill Carnival?

31 minutes ago, Riggers said:

I prefer androginy on forums

Which rather puts us back to square one, assuming you mean androgyny that is! Not a him, hasn't agreed to a 'her' So had I referred to you as 'her' in my original post that also would have been wrong!!! Now I know why these people put labels on their lapels to let people know what they are!!!

4 hours ago, DaveLister said:

I used to quite like visiting Camden when I lived in London. Work used to have their Christmas parties at the Roundhouse.

I doubt you ever knew Camden. It was the pits! Yes the roundhouse became popular with the trendy people who worked there , just like Islington and other boroughs of London. The reality is those boroughs were a disaster! Left wing councils! Should I say more? And yes, I worked there for many years.

24 minutes ago, Ken said:

I doubt you ever knew Camden. It was the pits! Yes the roundhouse became popular with the trendy people who worked there , just like Islington and other boroughs of London. The reality is those boroughs were a disaster! Left wing councils! Should I say more? And yes, I worked there for many years.

Camden is a lot better today than in the 80's. I tell you that. 

That was the first time I have visited Camden since the 80's. It was alright. I had no problems. It was busy with peeps spending money. 

There is a french boulanger there. And yes.....they were French. Full on French. 

BTW.....I come from an East end London family. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

18 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

That was the first time I have visited Camden since the 80's. It was alright. I had no problems. It was busy with peeps spending money. 

There is a french boulanger there. And yes.....they were French. Full on French. 

'80's is a bit before my time. Didn't move to London until the start of the new millennium. Seem to remember Camden had quite an interesting arts centre.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Things certainly have changed since I worked there in the 60s.  Before that the only time me and my mates went into Camden was when there was a fight to be had, that would have been in the late 50s!!! I was an Islington boy and territorial was the name of the game back then. London is often described as just a set of 'villages' and back then it seemed like it. We more or less stayed in our own areas. North and South of the River was also a similar territorial affair. The only French things in Camden back then were French letters!!!! As for the the 80s! By then I was married with children and had a mortgage and ten years later preparing to live here!

I never understood the North South divide thing. Most of the people I worked with lived in North London whereas I started out in Putney then moved to Wimbledon. As an outsider, both sides of the river seemed equally as good/bad but there was a distinct snob value attributed to living in the North.

1 hour ago, DaveLister said:

I never understood the North South divide thing. Most of the people I worked with lived in North London whereas I started out in Putney then moved to Wimbledon. As an outsider, both sides of the river seemed equally as good/bad but there was a distinct snob value attributed to living in the North.

It would seem you are too young to understand what it was like in the 60s in London. Nothing snobbish about it at all. It was purely territorial. Both sides of the river were poor. The snob value may, though I don't believe it, have come much later; if at all. It was the time of people like the Krays(North London) and The Richardsons (South London) No question there was a certain status but definitely not 'snobbish' in the sense you infer.

21 minutes ago, DaveLister said:

Naturally I was referring to my time in London ( this century ). I was too young to understand anything much in the 60's.🍼

Exactly, it is why you don't understand the 'North/ divide thing' How could you? As you say you were too young, maybe not even born!

Edited by Ken

1 hour ago, DaveLister said:

Nope it's my fault for talking about my experience of Camden. I should have known us young whippersnappers would have nothing to contribute to the conversation.

It's refreshing to hear a youngster voice his limitations!! Rare these days. I've taken the liberty of referring to you as a 'he'! You are a 'he' I take it, wouldn't want to offend you!!!

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ko12x2 said:

Camden Lock was already cool in the mid 80s! We (with young son) used to go (from Hampstead) there quite often at weekends - there were a couple of good restaurants and the puppet theatre was superb.

Wasn't TV AM's eggcup house there? I seem to remember Greg **** saying something about swiping the keys to the barge.