Which French sim for 4g router

Hi, looking for advice about using a French sim in my 4g router. Last visit we used a Tesco sim and tried a Reglo sim it didn’t work and  found out they only work in phones and not routers

Have been looking at SOSH and FREE but I am unsure if these will work in my router

I want to use a French sim as U.K. sims start to check usage on data after prolonged use

The router is unlocked to any network.

Thanks

SOSH and Red by SFR both worked for me.    Having sold up a few years ago I've hung on to the contracts,  as getting new cards without a French address might be difficult.   Friends took the Red/SFR card over to their place a week ago and it worked perfectly in their house router.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I have to mention a problem I recently found with my Huawei router, and cannot post a new subject.

If I use the house phone connected to the router to enter a numerical code for my bank's 2SV (two step verification), either by voice recognition or via the phone keypad, the bank's system can not understand what I put in.

However, it works perfectly well if I use my mobile phone.

The bank's helpline tells me their system shows an incorrect code, and their technical people say all I can do is use a mobile phone for this procedure. The router seems to be distorting the signal.

In order to have two possibilities for 2SV I have registered  my wife's mobile number with the bank in place of the house number.

• 4 weeks later...

An update on my bank's system's being unable to understand 2SV codes input either by voice and keyboard:

I called the Orange helpline a couple of days ago, and had a similar problem when their system asked me to key in my telephone number.

I was told the number does not exist, but there was a clue when it was repeated back to me: 00 44 66 88 77 88 ... etc.

It seems that an echo generated by the router is causing the problem, but it is not noticed by people I talk to, although they say my voice sounds slightly distorted.

I can put up with this for a while, as I'm saving €40/month over the fibre contract offered by Orange, but when I have time I'll ask Huawei's service about it.

Edited by ssomon