at the supermarket cash out

Has anyone noticed how much bigger their supermarket bills are?  Is the climb as steep as I think it is?  Are fresh produce such as lettuce and other veg, meat and fish more expensive by generally about 20%?

I thought that our inflation rate in France is just over 5% so are retailers simply whacking up prices and hoping customers with little or no choice will carry on paying out?

If you have any personal observation or experience, I would be interested to hear it.

36 minutes ago, menthe said:

Has anyone noticed how much bigger their supermarket bills are?  Is the climb as steep as I think it is?  Are fresh produce such as lettuce and other veg, meat and fish more expensive by generally about 20%?

I thought that our inflation rate in France is just over 5% so are retailers simply whacking up prices and hoping customers with little or no choice will carry on paying out?

If you have any personal observation or experience, I would be interested to hear it.

No question but prices, generally, have increased a lot. Transport costs have rocketed and shortages for several reasons are blamed, not least of which is Ukraine! Oddly though, despite the 'shortages' the cure always appears to be that price increases will cure it, and lo and behold it does, no shortages at all!!!!!

Or, my pet hate, repackaging slightly smaller, but the price stays the same! Really have to study the price per kilo. I noticed yesterday that my mini bounty bars were not the same size as the ones I had bought a few weeks before.